They were in the center of the floor dancing with two strangers. When Wanda saw you, she squealed and left the guy she was dancing with to grab your hands and pull you into a hug.

"I missed you!"

"You are so drunk." You laughed.

Wanda shrugged and then started dancing with you, completely forgetting about the man she was just rubbing up on. The song changed to a slow, sensual beat and the lights dimmed. Hands gripped your hips from behind and pulled you into firm hold. Your head snapped up to look over your shoulder and you saw the same blue eyes as before. The man smirked down at you and started moving his hips. You went with it and moved against him. It was one dance, what could it hurt? When the song ended, you excused yourself back to the bar and grabbed a beer, deciding you needed a break from liquor filled cocktails. The scorching feeling of being watched burned over your skin again. Why the hell did you keep feeling like that? No one was watching you. No matter how many times you tried finding the pair of eyes making you feel so uneasy, you always came up empty handed.

"Hey."

You jumped slightly at the voice and turned on your stool to see the same man as before standing behind you.

"Are you following me?" You arched a brow.

"Can you blame me? You're a very beautiful woman." He laughed nervously. "Can I buy you a drink?"

You held up the beer bottle in your hand showing you already had one.

"Right. Um–"

"Do you want to sit?" You tilted your head slowly at the stool next to yours.

"Yeah! Yes, of course."

He hurriedly sat down and smiled at you. His gaze shifted around the bar as he tried to think of something to say

"What's your name, soldier?" You shouldn't be flirting with him when you knew that it wouldn't lead anywhere, but the alcohol running through your veins was inhibiting the part of your brain that made decisions and it couldn't comprehend the meaning of rational at the moment.

"It's–I'm John. John Walker" He fumbled.

"I'm Y/n."

"Nice to meet you." He held his hand out to you and then withdrew it awkwardly. "Nobody really shakes hands with someone they meet in a bar, do they? Sorry this is so awkward. I'm just nervous."

"Why are you nervous, John?" You leaned forward and rested your arm on the edge of the bar, holding the neck of the bottle between your fingers and swaying it back and forth.

"I don't really do this." He said, brushing a strand of blonde hair from his forehead.

"Do what? Hit on random women at bars?" You smirked.

"Y-yeah, that. I just got discharged from the Army and my friend Lemar thought it'd be a good idea to take me out tonight."

"Ahh, that explains why your outfit looks so real."

"I didn't have a costume, so I figured this would work." He rubbed a hand down the front of the jacket and worried with one of the brass buttons.

"You look very handsome." You winked at him.

"Thank you. Would you maybe like to get some air? It's a bit crowded in here."

You hesitated with your answer. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but that didn't mean anything these days. You looked around the room for Nat and Wanda, but you couldn't see them anywhere. The bar was full and it'd be nice to escape the crowd for a bit. If you stayed close to the bar, it'd be safe. Right?