3 .

NY City

NY City.

ʿ You can't stop the rain. ˒

ʿ first person ˒

ʿ first person ˒

.

"Where the hell are we going?" Avie asks annoyed as I look confusedly at the map app on my phone "Uhm, it says I should be right here!" I kinda yell because of how many people are walking and talking trying to talk over the crowd as well. She looks at me with a 'really nigga face' "What!" I ask my voice higher than usual.

"You go to Sephora almost every other day, how do you not know where the hell it is?" she folds her arms and walks ahead of me into a cafe me running after her.

We walk into the cafe and I look around and see the different details of it there is greenery everywhere plants decoratively coming from the walls. "woah" I thought out loud looking up and around not looking where I was going.

All of a sudden I came to a halt and I almost fell when I fell someone's arms around my waist. I closed my eye thinking I was finna bust my ass on the floor.

I open them to see a familiar face he brings me up "Oh hey Rea? Rare? Rafi? Rafi!" I say almost forgetting his name for a second even though we just met yesterday. He chuckled 'something purine-' "Wsp Paris, almost thought you forgot my name.." he said sarcastically "Yeah so glad I didn't." I said with a nervous laugh "Wanna sit down?" he said pointing at a booth "Sure I feel asf lightheaded in any way" I walked over to it 'how can someone have so much ass..' Rafi thought. Walking over and sitting down

"So what are you doing in the city?" He questioned sipping on his drink"Oh! I and my friend are going shopping but we couldn't find the store so we decided to stop here for a drink." I replied "Ah, mind me asking what store? I've lived here for a while I'll probably know."

"Oh, you probably wouldn't know." I looked up at him "Try me" he said. "Sephora," I said He thought for a second then quickly began explaining the directions for where it was. "Oh!"

I looked at him with mixed expressions "Uhm so, trust I know where it is but could you maybe take me and my friend.." I say scared of rejection "Sure, I have a car if you wanna ride in that I promise I'm not a murder." I looked him in the eyes to see if he had any bad intentions, one thing about me is that in really good at reading people.

(👩🏾‍💻 not after your last relationship..lemme not play like I didn't write it.)

He seemed like a very genuine guy he looked nice too "ok pinky promise though" I held out my pinky for him to take. He raps it around my pinky "Promise." He looked into my eyes not even my ex could hold eye contact this well "Ok I'm going to grab my friend and we can head out" I get up from my seat to find Avie with some girl flirting with her. "Excuse me, Avie we're leaving." I said trying to not bother them "

"Here gemme your number mama" the unknown girl asked Avie gave her phone to her and the girl started typing. She gave Avie's phone back and they said their goodbyes "Who the fuck was that?" I asked "tbh I don't even know She paid for my coffee and I went to say thanks and we just started talking." she shrugged I looked at her  and sighed "Anyways I got us a ride he's an associate of mine." I explained "Oh ok we walking or riding with this associate of yours?" she asked "Riding." I responded "Thank the lord up above!" she yelped in the cafe bringing some eyes to us. "Avie it wasn't that bad.." I said, she looked at me annoyed ."Bitch please."

she turned to walk, me away running after her once again.

"Rafi!" I yelled d his name seeing him standing on his phone near the outside of the cafe

"Rafi!" I yelled d his name seeing him standing on his phone near the outside of the cafe. "You ready?" he asked "Yep, Avie. Rafi. Rafi. Avie." I introduced them to each other they shook hands "Nice to meet you Avie was it?" he questioned "Yes.." she side-eyed him I leaned over to her "Be nice."

We all start walking to his car a Mercedes-AMG E63 S 'Oh he got bank, bank' I thought. We walk up to it and I reach for the handle as soon as I touch it he opens the door for me i look at him and smile "Thank you." I said as I got in. I look out the window to see him open the door for Avie 'He's so fine' He gets in the car and starts it up. He looks at me and Avie "Seat belts lady's" he snaps his fingers sassily and Avie busts out laughing trying to put our seat belts on.

After we get them on we start to drive off listening to the soft radio "We're about 30 minutes out so do yall wanna have the I aux don't mind what you guys play." he talked softly 'nigga don't make me suck yo-' i snapped out my thoughts and took the aux from his hand I thought for a second then thought of the perfect song.

Ariana Grande - yes, and

As soon as I played it I looked back at Avie already looking at me

"In case you haven't noticed

Well, everybody's tired And healin' from somebody

Or somethin' we don't see just right!"

We sang together as we held fake microphones up to our faces as the car ride went in we sang, laughed, and just overall had fun with each other in those 30 minutes Rafi is a pretty nice guy.

"Are we almost there yet?" I asked Rafi turning to him "Yes Paris we are almost there." Rafi spoke back still looking at the road "Yay!!" I exclaimed, "What do you even need from Sephora?" Avie asked confused that we were going this far Sephora "hm I don't have anything I needd... I just wanna look."

Her face drops and she stares at me annoyed "I know this bi-" she paused for a minute "I know!! this bitch did not just say that." I look at her and laugh awkwardly sitting back in my seat and looking at the road. "We're here," Rafi stated breaking the silence, I quite literally jumped out of the car and ran into Sephora looking around and looking at all the different skincare, makeup, perfumes, and- you know what I mean.

"Does she always do this..?" Rafi "whispered" which he did a horrible job at it "Yes, get used to it if you want her." She whispered back he looked at her flustered "Guys can you get a basket " I asked ignoring their conversation.

I think I kinda ate that yelp lilly out 💋