Alone

Night 2 in my new home and it just feels empty. The first night Ritz and I fell asleep on the couch watching TV, but now I am left in my room... all alone. In the dark. Not a sound made. I just feel empty.

In jail I had cell mates, and even tho Velves and I had a tons of extra rooms in our mansion we still shared a room. I don't think I ever have fallen asleep without another body in the room, and I don't think I will at the rate this is going. It's already 12 and I got in bed at 9.

I want to sleep though so I hop out of bed, sneak out of my room and breathe before I knock on Ritzy door. I feel bad waking him but I need sleep. There was a pause and as I was going to knock again the door opens .

I was scared he was going to be mad, but he wasn't, he just looked confused.
"Are you ok?" He asks.
I take a breath and reply with
"Kinda, I mean I can't sleep at all... I have never actually slept in a room alone."

Ritz raises his eyebrow and sighs
"What are you getting at?"
"Oh nothing in particular, I just don't know what to do and you're smarter than me."

There was a pause.

Then he rolled his eyes and said, "Just sleep in here." I kinda blush. I actually did not think he was going to let me.
"Make yourself at home. You can sleep on whatever side I don't care."

I get cozy in his bed. I smell like him. In a good way of course. It's actually very comforting. He gets on the other side of the bed and faces me. He pushes my hair behind my ear and says "good night" then flips around so his back is facing me.

Variations of this have happened every night since me getting here. I can't tell if it's normal for best friends to do that, but hey I'm not complaining.