Social Media

It's been a week since I was free from jail and in this time I have felt every emotion in the book. Ritz has been here pampering me and reassuring me, which is nice, but I feel like I don't deserve this. Ritz advised me to not look at any social media yet. But I think not knowing people's thoughts is going to kill me.

Ritz decided to give me some space though out the days so I decided to do what he said not to do, go social media. I cuddled up in my new bed staring at all the apps on my phone deciding which one to look at first. There were so many notifications from each one. I mean I haven't been active in 6 months so that's expected.

I decided that Instaglam is probably the least intimidating. Click. Instaglam is open and the first thing I see is Ritz and I from earlier today, leaving the prison. The description of the post reads:

"Ex superstar Veneer was released from prison today at 10am this morning. Veneer was seen leaving the prison with a mysterious man hand in hand. Now the world is wondering who this man is? And what is their relationship with Veneer?"

I felt sick already from reading that but I can't help it and click on the comment...

"I think it's Kid Ritz, he hasn't spoken against Veneer once and has a similar body type

"I think it's Kid Ritz, he hasn't spoken against Veneer once and has a similar body type."

"Definitely Kid Ritz."

"Look at the way they're holding hands, definitely in love regardless of who it is."

"@Ven1of2 @Ritzontop are you two going to say anything about this?"

Oh boy, that's only the first 4 comments. They already figured out it's Ritz. And they think we're in love! Which sure I may have a big fat crush on him but that doesn't mean anything.

Unless my crush on him was obvious from the get-go. I quickly pull up the bop on top Instaglam and go find clips of some of our past interviews and start reading the comments.

 I quickly pull up the bop on top Instaglam and go find clips of some of our past interviews and start reading the comments

"Aww look at the way they look at each other, my OTP Fr😍"

"Stop the way Veneer get nervous around Ritz😭🤧🤧"

"They definitely hang out outside of interviews"

Wow, maybe I was the obvious. Oh boy what does Ritz think? Or know? Wait, is he even... gay? I mean I am but the world doesn't know that... Do they? Velvet doesn't even know that. But why does the whole world seem to know I like Ritz. Shit I'm spiraling. He was right. I should not have gone on social media.

Pretty much in an instant I hear a knock on my door.
"Ven, can I come in? I see your active on the glam right now, are you doing ok?"
Shit shit shit
I get up and open the door while wiping my eyes.
"Yeah.. sorry I went on insta after you told me not to."
"Aw hunny it's fine, you need to calm down and we can work this and your thoughts out together." He gives me a caring smile, I don't understand why he cares so much it doesn't make sense.

We walk and sit on my bed. He puts his arm around me and moves my hand with my phone close to him.
"Ok, lets clean your profile up. Let's start with your bio"
I nod
"Now currently it says

'the second part to @Vel1of2
We're gaping novels
I can't wake up at all without caffeine.'

I'm guessing you want to cut out the velvet part?"
"Yeah definitely..."
I pause while he erases that part "um actually can you erase it all. I have and idea"
Ritz gives me an eyebrow, "even the caffeine part?"
I roll my eyes "yes, even the caffeine part."

"Now put, I will not deny the truth."
"Wow Ven, those are some powerful words, are you sure?"
I look at him dead in the eyes and say
"I am positive."

I watch him type then click save.
"What's next?"
"I would say pfp but, mine's currently matching with Velvet, and I don't know what to change it too."
"What if we take a selfie together?"
My eyes lit up
"Are you sure that would pretty much expose you as the guy I left the jail with?"
"I mean they pretty much already know and you said it yourself 'I will not deny the truth'"
I smile, he really is perfect,
"OK! Let's do it!"

We take on the cutest selfies I have probably seen, both of us have the biggest smile. I feel happy. Happier than I felt with Velvet. This feels right.

"Ok boom, you know you have a new pfp! What now?"
"Let's post a story! Like you take a picture of me in my new bed and we have it say 'happily moved in thank you for all the support!'"
"Aww I like that idea."
"Then to clear things up we post that selfie saying 'best friends'"

""Then to clear things up we post that selfie saying 'best friends'"