Ⲉⲣⲓⳑⲟⳋⳙⲉ

❝ I knew I loved you then but you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I know I needed you but I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old ❞

November 25th, 2028 - Monaco

Max Verstappen POV

"Come on, Max. A decision needs to be made," Christian says and I shake my head.

"I've made my decision, I'm done. This is more than enough for me. I've won what I had to win, all I want to do now is enjoy life. I can do other stuff to feed my need for adrenaline but traveling all year is no longer sustainable for me," I say decisively. They had a backup decision, they just waited until the last minute even though I kept saying no and no all year long. The season ended last week; move on.

"Max, can we talk?" Sky asks as she enters the living room and I nod.

"Give me 5 minutes, please," I ask Christian since I know she wouldn't interrupt for nothing.

"Sky, don't do this to me," Christian begs, and we both laugh.

"A no is a no, Christian; you have to learn that," she says as we head outside, and I close the sliding window that leads to our terrace.

"Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly, and she nods.

"I was wondering if you were considering a few more years," she says, a bit enigmatic, and I tilt my head, still suspicious of her actions.

"I am not. I am still saying no, as I've been since last year. Do you want me to keep going?"

"I just don't want you to regret it," she says nervously.

"I've never wanted to go past 2028, this is what I want. I want us to be able to rest and be together for whatever time we want to," I say, and she nods as she looks down.

"I've been feeling sick. I panicked, Max," and now I am panicking; my heart is racing like crazy.

"What? What have you been feeling? Since when? Why are you telling me only now?" I say everything that comes to my mind, and she only smiles.

"A few weeks, first nausea, then vomiting and really bad aches. I thought the cancer was back, so I went to the doctor; I didn't want to worry you. I'm sorry," I could only hug her, but I felt like I would have a damn breakdown if she had to go through that disease again.

"Did you do exams? What did he tell you?" I ask as I look into her eyes, but she isn't crying, so it must be good.

"I wanted you to know before possibly signing a contract, but he just called me, and I'm pregnant," her words shook me to the core. I was not ready for that. I was 100 percent going to try to be a father after retiring, and this was just that.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask as I try to contain my feelings.

"No. I scheduled an ultrasound, but the blood tests were very clear. The baby is causing all that, and it never crossed my mind it could be that. I feel so ignorant but so blessed."

I hugged her tightly; no words could describe how happy I was with this. I went back inside a few minutes later, and Christian just looked down.

"Please tell me you aren't having a kid because no amount of begging would've turned you around," he says nervously, and we both laugh.

"You are a bit too late," Sky says as she sits calmly, and he smiles.

"Congratulations! It's well-deserved; I will stop now and call me if you need anything," he says as he stands up. I give him a quick hug, and so does Sky.

"Good luck," Sky says as he passes the door, and he nods.

"I will need it," he adds before exiting the house.

It's safe to say everyone was ecstatic about the news. We only announced to family and friends after the ultrasound confirmed the 3-month pregnancy. This is once all I've ever wanted, then it was the future I had lost and now it's the present I am living. I am living the dream.

I have an accomplished career, a lot of money, a great friend group, and an even better family circle; with reduced contact with my dad, I maintain the contact so I can talk to my siblings mainly. 

Retiring from Formula 1 truly was different, but I had some ways to keep myself busy and still feel the adrenaline. My priority is the family I'm building, and I am clearly going to be very busy in the upcoming months and probably years. I want to be an involved parent, and Formula 1 means the opposite of it.

We still had plans to appear in some of the races since Sky had left Drive To Survive two years ago, but it stopped. She just never went back to work since it worked for both of us. And now, we live in the Netherlands, close to my mom, my sister, and her parents. We also kept the penthouse in Monaco because we love it there too. 

"It's a girl," she insists, and I laugh.

"I think it's a boy, but you do you, baby," I insist too, as we look at our backyard; close friends and family are here to hear our baby's gender, and I couldn't be happier to have this circle around us.

"Tell him I am the godfather," Charles is annoyed as he approaches us, and Lando shushes him.

"I am the godfather; get the fuck out," Lando says as he tries to push him off.

"We haven't decided yet," this was the way Sky found to defuse the situation, and they were both surprised.

"I've rooted for you from the beginning. I've talked to you about him a lot." Charles is outraged, and we can only laugh.

"So did I! You need to make a decision, I was almost buying an apartment in the neighborhood," Lando says as he starts walking away.

"I was going to buy a house. Beat that!" Charles says as he follows him.

"I will give the kid a house!" Lando continues their stubborn competition.

"So, we have a lot of options," she says calmly and I nod.

"We really do, maybe too many," I comment before I kiss her cheek.

We were taken to the middle of the crowd, and it was definitely a memorable moment. And looking at Sky as the smoke came out in a blue shade and I could only think that even broken things can be fixed with the right amount of effort. It may never go back to what it was before but it can be fixed, it doesn't need to be broken forever.

And I am not broken anymore. Not when I have her. 

------------------------------

Hello loves!

It has come to an end! But it was good while it lasted, I hope you loved it as much as I did!

As promised, George's story "Betting On Love" has now been posted, and the first chapter is available for you. Check it out if it catches your interest, and I hope it does.

If you need anything or have any requests, please send me a text because I am very friendly and I am always around for you!

Love you all <3