Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 26

♬ Every mornin', I glared at you with storms in my eyes
How can you say that you love someone you can't tell is dyin'? ♬

Skylar Abbott POV

I left that bedroom and I felt totally and utterly lost. My phone dinged and I saw the notification to George's story as I was getting to the lobby of the hotel. I looked outside and saw it was raining like it was a full-on winter night. It was still hot but getting to the car was enough to get drenched.

I looked at my phone again and drove to the location. Am I going to get inside a nightclub in my pajamas? In a shirt that previously belonged to my ex? I didn't plan it and I was parked in front of the club before I could turn back.

I got out and looked into the establishment as the rain fell on me, I am not going to do this. I should leave. I can talk to him tomorrow, not now.

"Skylar?" One of George's engineers asks and I turn to him surprised.

"Hey!" I say surprisedly, I was about to leave. Why is he outside?

"Do you want me to call George? He might not hear you calling, the music is too loud," he says worriedly and I can't even answer as he gets inside. Fuck. Maybe George won't come.

"Where is-?" I hear his voice and he gets quiet as soon as he sees me, pulling inside the establishment. "You are all drenched, why didn't you call me? I would've met you in the car."

"I- I don't know," I say as I feel the lump in my throat getting bigger as I feel his jacket around my shoulders.

"Thank you, mate." He says before he takes my hand and leads me to my car, he sits me down on the passenger and goes to drive the car.

"You don't need to leave the party, I will go home and we can talk tomorrow," I say quietly. Do I mean it?

"I wasn't having that much fun, and I am not stupid. You are like in some trance, you are barely functioning, I don't even know how you were able to drive to that club."

We arrived at his hotel, the same hotel Max was in. I got out and did my best to control my breathing. He leads me to his room, a floor above Max's.

"Take a shower so you don't get sick, I will wait for you here, take any of my clothes," he says as he turns his back.

"Why?" I ask out of nowhere.

"Why what?" He asks confusedly and he looks at me once again.

"You always turn around, you never asked what the scars are but I know you've felt them."

"Why would I bother you with that? If you want me to know, you will tell me," he says calmly and I was surprised that was his thought process.

"You never wondered why they are here? Why I changed?" My insecurities are showing, in front of him, and he doesn't even blink.

"I can tell they are from a surgery, they are precise, small and purposely located. You didn't change, your body might've changed but you didn't. You are still Sky, and I kind of like you as you must already know."

I feel the tears in my eyes but I fight them back. Why do I feel safe with him? Would he keep me safe? Would he really like me through the highs and lows?

"Do you need a hug?" He asks and I see the nervousness in his eyes.

"I think so," my voice breaks but in seconds he was hugging me.

I cried in his arms, he comforted me. He ran his hand through my hair and my back. I calmed myself and went to take the shower and then he took a quick shower too. I sat in the bed as I for him and he sat in the bed in silence, he was too patient.

"Max was in a minor car crash, I was his emergency contact so they called me," I tell him and I see his attempt of not reacting but the worry in his eyes is enough.

"Is he okay?" He asks as he takes the water bottle from his bedstand.

"Yes, but we got involved," I say and I see him gulping as he looks away from me.

"Were you there to tell me you two are a thing again?" He asks once he manages to look at me.

"I was there because I ran from him and all that crossed my mind was you, I don't know why, I know this isn't right and it isn't fair."

"Did he hurt you? Why did you run from him?" He asks concerned and I shake my head.

"He tried to take my shirt off, I panicked and we fought," I say as I look down.

"He still loves you. And I love you. You will have to make a choice sooner or later, and I sure do hope you choose me but I don't want you to just settle because I'm somewhat the safest choice."

Hearing those words from him made it all so much more real.

"Fuck," I mutter as I get up.

"I can't let you leave Sky. I don't care if you are indecisive, I can wait," he says as he holds my wrist.

"What if I am not worth the time and breath I know you are saving? What if I am just wasting it all?"

"You are worth of anything you set your mind to. There aren't many things I wouldn't do for you so come to bed and relax," he says calmly and I nod.

I lie by his side and he caressed my cheek and brushed my hair until I fell asleep in his arms. Why is this so hard? Why did I come back? I should've stayed away from all of this.