Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 31

♬ I gave you all my best me's, my endless empathy
And all I did was bleed as I tried to be the bravest soldier ♬

Skylar Abbott POV

My heart almost jumped out of my mouth when I saw their accident. George had the clear fault here, both were on a hot lap, but he approached Max aggressively, I don't even think Max saw the crash coming, he didn't move, but George moved into him. 

George immediately said he was okay, but Max didn't; seconds went by, and nothing. I got up and went into Red Bull's garage to make sure I would hear if he answered. I saw how his family looked at me but no one dared to say anything about my presence.

"Max! Are you okay?" Christian asked for the fifth time, and I was shaking.

"I- Sky, I-" his words made no sense, but everyone looked at me as the medical car arrived, followed by the ambulance, and the image stop being transmitted even though we knew he was being taken out of the car.

"Who are you going to see?" Victoria asks me as I turn around to leave.

"Who do you think?" I answer as I leave quickly, almost running to the medical center and I enter, finding George as he talks to a member of the team.

"I didn't mean it, I got distracted," he tries to explain but I shake my head as I try to find Max.

"Where is Max?" I asked the paramedic who I had seen help him out of the car, and he pointed to the back of the medical center.

"Did you tell him?" George asks as he follows me, and I turn around.

"I did."

"Do you love him?"

"I don't know," I say, I probably do. The way my body reacted to the accident made me feel like the Sky from 2 years ago.

"I'm sorry, I hope he is okay," he whispers as he looks down, and I nod.

"So do I. Are you okay?" I ask, and he nods with a weak smile.

"I am fine; they did some exams and are waiting for the results," he says, and I see a doctor leaving Max's room.

"Is he okay?" I ask worriedly, and he seems surprised. It's always the same doctor and Max has been here before.

"Skylar! He will be transported to the nearest hospital. He probably has a broken rib, and we want to see if it didn't perforate his lungs. They have the equipment there," he says, and I nod as I try to breathe calmly.

"Can I go with him in the ambulance?" He answers my question with a nod before leaving and I sit down in the waiting area, he had to go through here so he could leave.

I picked up my phone and saw the worried texts from my parents, asking how Max was and saying they saw my face on television. I see the paramedic walking through with Max, and I run to them before they close the door.

"I'm going!" I yell to stop him, and he nods before giving me a smile and I enter the back of the ambulance, Max looks at me confusedly.

"You are here," he announces and I nod.

"I am, and so are you," I say as I put the seatbelt on and I look for his hand, holding it as the paramedic sat by my side.

"I didn't know if you would've chosen him," he confessed, and I shrugged.

"I mean, he is not the one being transferred to the hospital."

"I mean, I can deal with the pity. If I can keep you, then I will crash every weekend," he says pleasedly, his hand holding mine tightly.

"You want me to choose you at any cost?"

"I would take it, it would be better than not having you at all," he confesses, and I see the paramedic smile while looking away from us.

"What happened out there? It was all so sudden; was it slippery?" I ask worriedly, and he shrugs before his face twists in evident pain.

"I have no idea, I was taken by surprise; I didn't even see George there. I am as clueless as everyone else, to be honest. Did you see him?"

"I did, he seemed alright."

"You could've stayed with him. You probably should've," he says and I am definitely taken aback.

"What?" Why-"

"Let's go!" The paramedic interrupts me as the ambulance stops and we get out, Max is taken in and I stay in the waiting room.

I should've stayed with George. Why would he say that? He would let me be with him for pity but he still admitted I should've stayed back. Is it because George is the best option for me? Does Max think there is no chance for us? 

I was there until Sophie and Victoria arrived and stopped in their tracks and satb by my side.

"How is he?" Victoria asks worriedly.

"Pretty well, a possible broken rib, they are doing som extra exams to be sure he is alright and if he can be discharged, he was awake and responsive so he is fine. The accident was sudden, he didn't even see the other car," I explain to them and they look at each other.

"How is your relationship with George? He is a sweet guy," Sophie asks and I shake my head.

"I am not in a relationship with George, he is a very nice guy, very good and loving. But I'm just at a crossroad. Max didn't talk to you?" I ask confusedly, I assumed he would tell Sophie and Victoria about our talk yesterday but here we are.

"Talk to us? About what? Did something happen?" Sophie asks as she looks at her daughter who were obviosly confused.

"We had a talk yesterday, I wanted us to have some closure, I hoped he would've talked to you, maybe he will tell you about it later. I think we have some closure, he knows my motives and thoughts and I know his thoughts at a time. We both have some regrets but I hold the majorily of the blame in the end. I would like to apologize for how I left, a letter wasn't the right choice to honor 3 years with him and all the acceptance you have given to me."

"We adore you but Max is our priority and we just wanted imt o have that closure, thank you for finally giving it to him. We wish you the best and if George is the best for you then I think you deserve that happiness, and so does Max," Sophie says, the words give me some comfort.

"Just remember the years you've spent together, I don't think you will find anyone who loves you as much as Max did. But it doesn't hurt to try," Victoria says as I see a doctor approaching us and we get up.