Chapter Fifteen

Warning! This chapter contains sexual content

Wednesday, 6:15 AM.

Three days. That's how long it's been since I heard from him. No texts, no calls, nothing. Part of me is relieved, you know? But another part of me is hurting, wondering why he just vanished after everything we did. Am I being too clingy? Or maybe. I'm just too damn naive for my own good. I don't know. All I know is that it hurts.

I dragged myself out of bed and shuffle to the bathroom. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I can't help but pick apart every little flaw. Why am I so damn insecure? I shouldn't be, but here I am, feeling like crap. I turn on the shower, letting the hot water wash over me, trying to drown out the thoughts swirling in my head. But they keep coming back, like waves crashing against the shore. Why did he have to say those things to me? After everything we shared, why did he have to hurt me like this?

I quickly took a shower, trying to wash away the hurt along with the soap suds. Then I get dressed, forcing myself to put on a brave face for the day ahead. But as I walk into my first class, I can feel the weight of his absence like a physical ache in my chest. I want him to text me, to call me, to show me that he still cares. But deep down, I know he won't.

Class dragged on, the minutes ticking by like hours. And then, just when I'm about to lose all hope, my phone buzzes. I snatch it up eagerly, hoping against hope that it's him. And to my surprise, it is.

But instead of sweet nothings or apologized, all I get are cruel words dripping with venom.

Unknown number: Do your father even know your mother's dead? Lol, that must suck.

Unknown number: Your mother was probably such a bitch he got sick of her and left.

I feel like I've been punched in the gut. How could he say something like that?

I fired back a quick message.

Me: Fuck off, psycho. How do you like them freaking apples

Unknown number: Your professor looks good today. Her tits look amazing, don't you think?

I jerked my head up at her breasts. They're not even that big.

She catches me staring. Shit

"Isabella, is there a problem you need to discuss?" she asked firmly.

"Uhh... no, Mrs. Cord, I'm fine," I mumbled, avoiding eye contact as I tried to sink down in my seat. She stared at me for a second then continued the lesson. I tried to focus on the lesson, on anything other than him and his cruel words. But it's no use. He's already under my skin, poisoning every thought with his toxic presence.

And then, just when I think it can't get any worse, I get a text from Emily. She's going to Ben's tonight, which means I'll be alone. Just me and my thoughts. Great.