⚠Wait For It

Trigger Warning, Talks around suicide, Bodily harm, kidnapping,

"Tell me the truth: did you do something to Taraji?" She said she was pushing him off her as she looked him dead in the eyes.

He bit his tongue and looked Fantasia up and down for a moment as the two of them leaned against the countertops across from one another.

"No, Fantasia I would never kill, hurt, or burn down her apartment. Not at this point in my life. Old me...that's another  story."He said it jokingly as Fantasia rolled her eyes and went back to doing whatever she was doing before he came in.

"But, Fantasia Church, breakfast? How does that sound? Get the kids out of the house and give me a chance to apologize to Jordan. Maybe even start things over on a good note?!" He said this as he came around to her side and leaned his upper body on the countertop. Fantasia tried not to look him in the eyes.

He was talking like he had figured out where his mind was in Fantasia. I couldn't help but take notice. D, it was just like when they were just married. He was nice, charming, and sweet. And he hadn't been like that for a long time, but now it looks like he did a complete 180. And he knew that she took notice.

* No, no, no, you are focused on finding Taraji. And you know he did something that is not falling for the enemy!* She reminded herself, and she quickly Meant his eyes

"Fine, can I just get the kids on board, okay?"

"Sounds good, Well, aside from going to church and, you know, getting a divorce, How's everything going? How's Jordan holding up? Halle...you"

"Jordan's been blaming himself; he's having night terrors, Halles I'm a little confused, but she's coming around, and I'm just praying for that when I go back to work. They don't have another court case that our team has to take. Because without Saraji, we're missing one of our counselors again." Fantasia said as Ken just shook his head.

He was listening to her, and that made her want to smile.

"So why are you at work?" Fantasia quickly asked And she realized it was the middle of the workweek.

"You know, like I said, I've been working on myself. So I took off work for a week. But I think I'm going to go back early. But I really couldn't be asking you the same question," he said back as he rolled. His head

"Ken, don't play dumb; you know that every time we have a big case at my job, Once we win, we get our checks, and we get the week off.

"Oh yeah..."

For a few minutes, they stood in the kitchen silently. They didn't have anything else to talk about, Fantasia didn't want to talk anymore, and Ken was just trying to be around long enough, so you think of something to say or do. He wanted to get back to her good graces. But obviously, that was going to be a much bigger test than he initially thought. Fantasia was closed off to him, and rightfully so, but the way she let him touch her. You know. It wouldn't be too hard to get her to open up again.

"Why don't we try and make this work, at least for right now? Halle's graduation is soon, if I'm not mistaken, and we can maybe be parental figures in Jordan's life." Ken suggested As Fantasia felt a little vain, her neck popped out for a moment.

"Ken, making things work went out the window when you hit me. Trying to put on a show for our children went out the window the night you barged in here and tried to fight that boy. I know you're going through your finding God phase, but us pretending or getting back together is not in the plan." Fantasia said bluntly as she quickly exited the kitchen, only to be met with Jordan and Halle coming through the front door.