⁶ˣ⁰⁶. ⁱ ˢᵃʷ ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ˢᵃʷ

Start from the beginning

"Evan Lang, sixteen, second and third-degree burns over sixty percent of his body." The Grey male looked at Evan, who whimpered as Mark started to help the burn on Evan, "We're just going to exam you and then we're gonna get you warmed up again, ok, Evan?"

However Evan continued to groan and whimper at the pain, "My dad." Evan said looking up at Ryan who was checking his vitals, "Where is my dad?" He asked, "You just give me his name, and we'll find him, ok? Cause he's gotta be looking for you, too."

Evan whimpered as Ryan when he had a second, look away where Mark looked at his friend, "Here." Mark showed him the cotton swab, "For the smell."

Ryan got the cotton swab from his friend's hand and applied it underneath his nose, "burns like this are really difficult." Ryan nods his head at his friend's words hearing Evan whimpering again.

The monitor beeped as Ryan looked at Dr Robbins, "I can't get a pulse on the doppler." The pedatric surgeon admitted, "Ok, Evan, I have to do an escharotomy. Now I have to cut into the burned skin to restore circulation to your arm, Ok?"

"Did you find my dad?" The burn victim asked as Ryan looked away from the teenage boy, "You know what? I'll ask again in a sec, ok?" Arizona tried to distract him, "Evan, you're just gonna talk to me, all right? So you said you're in town looking at a college?"

Evan nods his head, "I-I got a scholarship to Cornish. I'm not sure I can take the rain." Evan admitted as Ryan looked away once again, where Evan screamed again, "No! No!"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know." Dr Sloan apologised to his patient, "That's what I thought at first, too." Dr Robbins said trying to distract Evan, "about the rain. Dr Grey, you grew up here, right?"

Ryan cleared his throat, "You uh—You get used to the rain." He clarified to the burn victim patient.

____

"So, who was with Cathy Becker?"

Ryan looked at his chief, "I don't—I don't know. I was with my burn victim, Evan Lang in trauma room 2," He explained to the chief.

"When I came out of the trauma room, she was dying." He told the chief, the counsellor and the board member.

Ryan ran a hand through his hair, "Then her little boy was crying and no one was looking after him," He explains to the chief, "So I—I took him and stayed with him," He told the chief, "Because I couldn't be with Evan, because I—" Larry Jennings looked at Ryan, "What happened, Dr Grey?"

"Before I came here, There was a fire and I-I watched—I watched my best friend die." He told them, clearing his throat, "but I went back, and I distracted Evan from the pain, I spoke to him,"

____

"Ok," Ryan came into the trauma room two after a nurse had taken Cathy Becker's son to look after, "here's the thing about the rain, it usually just drizzles." He explained to the sixteen year old, "It's—it's not like tonight. But when it stops, everything is super green." He told Evan putting on the rubber gloves, "and it's really nice and it smells like trees."

"You know that smell?"

Evan finally looked up at Ryan who sent him a kind smile, "It's the smell that made me come back here," He told the teenager.

____

Reed Adamson came out of the south conference room where April Kepner and Camila Gomez stood up going towards their best friend, "What?"

"I'm sorry."

Ryan and everyone else in the hallway furrowed their eyebrows at Reed's apology to her redhead best friend, "I am so, so sorry." The south conference room opened revealing Chief, Richard Webber, "Dr Kepner." The said redhead turned looking at the chief then back to her best friend, "What-what did you tell them? What did you say?"

Reed looked at her best friend before walking away, April Kepner looked at the residents all confused making eye contact with Ryan who looked at April confused before the redhead started to walk towards the conference room.

____

"So, April missed an airway, huh?" Charles Percy questioned coming to where his friends were, "That's so stupid," the Percy male admitted, "Airway first," Lexie then said as Ryan looked at his half sister.

Jackson looked at them, "It's, like med school 101, right?" The Avery male said as Alex turned to them, "It's pretty basic." Ryan ran a hand through his hair, "It was one second." Reed said, "She got distracted and she made a mistake."

"That we all nearly got fired for."

Jackson nods his head, "Nosedive's got a point." Ryan looked at them, "Thank you. What?" Charles said to his best friend, "We nearly got fired for trying to fix what she screwed up in the first place."

Cristina looked at Alex, "Yeah, because that's our job." She admitted as Ryan nods his head, "What, you didn't make any mistakes today?" Ryan then asked the residents around them, "You've been distracted for the entire week." He said directing his comment to Alex, "And who knows what you screwed up?" Cristina then said looking at both Charles and Jackson, "But our patients didn't die, and that's why we didn't get caught. It could've happened to any one of us."

Ryan's former resident looked back to the chart, "Here she comes." Ryan turned his head seeing April coming towards them not in hospital's blue scrubs instead in her normal clothes, walking past them all and out of the hospital's double doors.