I don't enjoy it, I know I take it. But I don't enjoy it, I enjoy knowing that they like me for my hockey career, not my dads. Mine.

Even if they just talk to me because of my hockey career at least they are talking to me because of my hockey career.

And I like it like that, I like how I don't have to rely on anyone else, it's normal. It doesn't fuck stuff up.

This being my last season in college as a senior I'm not fucking this up, I'm putting more effort into this than I ever have in my life. I'm not risking my shot of going to the pros for anything.

More specifically going to the Vancouver Vipers, everyone knows Canada has the best hockey league, Canada has been my goal for a long time because it's the part my father never achieved.

My father being Hudson Beckett already puts a name on my back but my reputation of penalty boxes and fights paired with my "natural talent" makes my face unmistakable.

So getting an undefeated season this season for Pembroke university is a need.

Walking in the tunnel for the first game of the season never gets old, the cheers at the end of the tunnel, the view of the rink being the only thing you can see, the feeling never gets old.

And despite our first game of the season being an away game at Meadowridge university, we are still able to bring the most positive attitude.

Last year our Senior captain Elias Mcrue led us to failure against their hockey team, but this year the team picked me to be their captain, and I sure as hell am not going to waste it.

"LETS DO THIS!!" I scream finishing my speech in the locker room, howls and whistles are let out from the team as we make our way towards the rink.

The lights on the ice go a deep blue as we enter, the stadium erupts into mixed cheers, the announcer starts listing our names.

"FROM THE PEMBROKE PANTHERSSS....."

I skate onto the ice forming a line in front of our opponents, half of them have a scowl on their face but the ones that are new to their team are looking around cluelessly.

"Think they replaced West yet" my best friend Wyatt snickers from next to me, there is no denying that Logan west is a talented player but he doesn't have enough energy coursing through him to rough up his edges, he is too much of a goody to shoes and that's his weakness.

"ANDDD THE CAPTAINS OF BOTH TEAMS.."
"FROM PEMBROKE PANTHERSS, NUMBER 22 CAPTAIN LUKE BECKETTTTTTT" The Cheers from the stadium outweigh the boos as I skate forward announcing myself.

"AND FROM MEADOWRIDGE, NUMBER 14 CAPTAIN LOGAN WESTTT" I don't mind the louder cheers as Logan steps forward, this is his turf anyway.

I look around the stadium my gaze sweeps past puck bunnies and parents, My gaze stops on a petite brunette who is jumping up and down, Logan's Girlfriend.

Logan's girlfriend Gracie is nice, I met her last year at a bar and she indulged in being my friend even though her boyfriend told her not to, she saw the buried away good in me, that's what she tells me. I watch as she waves at Logan who turns to look at her, they are a cute couple there is no doubt with that.

A flash of blonde sweeps my vision over from Gracie to the blonde girl sitting down next to her, I recognise her as Lizzie from when I dropped Gracie at hers, I also might of recognised her from the chatter she creates just by stepping into a room.

There is no denying that she is beautiful,sexy ,breathtaking. She's the hotshot of her campus and the chatter of her even makes it's way to mine.

I'm well aware that some of my teammates have tried to hit on her, I'm pretty sure Wyatt tried to last year.

Her blonde straight hair that she usually has out in the photos she post on her Instagram is curled today, her smile is wide as she watches her friend. Her hair is tied back into a low ponytail with a white ribbon, I can see the flush of her cheeks as she turns to talk to a ginger girl next to her.

Lizzie Myers is beautiful, but she's hollow, at least that is what I think. No one can be smart, kind and fucking gorgeous.

And Lizzie Myers is not an exception to that.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

First chapter done ✔️

I love this chapter so much, it gives an insight onto Luke's childhood and Luke and Lizzie :))

Anyway please drop your thoughts in the comments 😊

Happy lunar new year to everyone who celebrates🧧❤️