Chap 25: All the blame

Start from the beginning

"Hi Noah, Abby's not-", I stop her from going any further.

"I know she's at my place", I say and she nods.

"Oh okay", she says then waits expectantly for me to say what I'm doing here.

"I just wanted to tell you she's sleeping over", I say and her eyes widen slightly at the statement, almost unnoticeable.

"Oh well she.. that's odd, she didn't inform me", she says. Well that makes both of us Mrs Flenory.

"She'll probably call you later", I say and she shakes her head.

"No I don't think so she never takes her phone with her", she says and I raise a brow.

"Why's that?", I ask feeling intrigued. Who doesn't take their phone everywhere with them? I literally take it to the toilet.

"She says no one ever calls or texts her so she sees no use in carrying it around all the time", she says and I nod slowly. So all this time she never had a phone with her? Of course, why would I know.. I'm the one who never texts her back. Ugh.

"Okay she could use my phone", I say and she nods.

"Is your mum around?", she asks and with the look in her eyes I could tell she wouldn't trust me with Abby alone.

"Yes", I answer and she nods feeling more relieved.

"Okay then.. tell your mum I said hi", she says with a small smile and I nod returning the little smile back.

And with that I start walking back to my house and to Abby.

Abby

I blink repeatedly stirring on the bed.. wait bed? My eyes shoot open and I look around. Black window blinds, TV screen, jersey hanging on a frame and most importantly I can see my room from across.. I'm in his room. What the heck am I doing here?.

I take the sheets off me and try to get down from the bed when I feel a sharp pain on my leg. Ouch, I almost forgot.. I fell last night.

I take a look at my ankle. It isn't too swollen any more but it still hurts. I slowly get up with the help of the bed. I limp to the door and then stop when I hear a voice and footsteps coming through the hallway. I limp to the bathroom closing the door behind me.

The bedroom door opens and I hear Noah walk in, "Look dude, I can't make it.. I'm busy", I hear him say and I assume he's on the phone with someone. "Yeah I thought so too but something came up so I can't make it".

Wait, today's Saturday? So I slept till the next day?! No wonder I'm so hungry. Should have taken a bite out of something before I slept. Please that something means food, I'm not cannibalistic.

"Princess?", he calls out and it's so sudden that it makes me jerk backwards and I end up hitting an open cabinet causing a few things to fall out including his expensive perfume.

I gasp loudly when it lands on the floor and shatters into pieces. The bathroom door flings opens and Noah rushes in looking scared.

"Princess are you okay?", he asks as his eyes search my face.

"No- I mean yes but you're perfume isn't", I say wincing at the damage I've caused. His eyes move to the floor then back at me. "I'm sorry".

He sighs, "It's okay. I thought something happened to you", he says walking to me slowly. "C'mon ", he says and I start to limp to the door.

"You still can't walk?", he asks and I shake my head.

"No it's fine I can manage", I say still limping. I'm taken aback when Noah walks up to me and picks me up.