Fed vs. New

You sat alone, thinking about what Felix had said during your last confrontation. ' You know I never stopped caring..." No matter how sharp he said it , you knew he actually meant it...which was exactly what you didn't want.

You didn't want to fall back in love with Felix again...not after all that hurt he put you through. Not after he left you. You knew that if you did he'd just do it again. But oddly, there was a small part of you that was willing to give him a second chance. Though the rest of you fell back to fear and hatred while that small chance stood out, starting to alter your thoughts no matter how hard you tried to push back you just couldn't do it. You were at war with yourself, your feelings. A war in which love could be the cause of your defeat or the prize of your victory.

"Hey (Y/N)?" A voice said interrupting your train of thought. You turn around to see Agent Washington.

"Yeah?" You reply turning back around to stare at the floor.

"Well um...while you were here thinking Felix and Locus were somehow able to contact us and give us an option. Now I don't know if you heard it or-"

"I heard it." You interrupt.

"Oh well...um Carolina, the guys, and I have hatched a plan in reaction to this...option but it does include...well um fighting against Felix and Locus. Now I understand if you don't want to join us but you should know that...if you don't join us then..." He stopped and looked down at the floor, you could tell he was trying to put this in the nicest possible way but you decided to save him the trouble.

"I'm in."

"What?" He asked surprised at your reaction.

You spin around and stand up to face him, "I'm. In." You repeat slower this time. "Now what's the plan?"

"Oh, well um okay then!" Wash said sounding a little surprised. "Um come with me and we'll discuss the plan with the guys."

You follow Wash as he leads you back to the guys and Carolina and once you discuss the plan you smirked underneath your helmet knowing that it was the perfect plan, but only if everything went right.

*          *          *

Felix's POV

"Hmm..guess they didn't trust us." I said looking over to Locus then over to the troops he brought. It seemed like he brought one too many.

"Locus? How many men did you bring with you?" I asked, suspicious of a familiar looking soldier.

"Four. The rest were needed at the Capital." He responded.

"You don't say." I thought out loud looking over at the particularly...familiar looking soldier until she walked off. Something suspicious was going on and I could feel it...I just don't know exactly what it was.

*          *          *

Carolina walked off, talking over the radio in a private station to Wash and soon she walked out in the open, below the platform that Felix and Locus were standing on, knowing that she would be seen. 

"Excuse me! You look familiar." Felix shouted aiming his gun at Carolina while she smirked under her helmet. "Have we met?" He shot his gun, Carolina jumps back dodging the bullet, making her camouflage armor enhancement flicker off.