Prologue

Their Past :

Adira :I wake up on my 17th birthday not expecting any special treatment from my family

Adira :
I wake up on my 17th birthday not expecting any special treatment from my family.

Freshening up I go to the breakfast table and greet my father who seemed to be busy on his work call.

As I eat my breakfast nobody seemed to remember my birthday.
Every year the same thing happens.

"Adira you need to stop" My father says as he finishes his breakfast.
"Stop what Dad? " I question.

"Dancing" he says in a cold tone "The daughters of our family do not engage in inappropriate things like these"

"But Dad.. " I start
"No , You dare counter me Adira. If you dance ever again, I'll break your ghungroos" he warns

"You cannot do that! " I exclaim
"Do not speak in a loud voice to your father. " comes my dadi's voice.

"What if I do?" I say in a angry tone.
"You disgraceful brat! " My father shouts and next I know a slap lands on cheeks

I tremble from my head to toe.

"You shall never talk to any of your family members like this ever again Adira or I'll bang you head on the wall! " My father shouts at me.

"I will you cannot-" I'm not able to finish my sentence as my father bangs my head on the wall of the dining room.

I loose my consciousness.

After I woke up in my room, it was already dark.

Thats the moment I knew what Varya di suggested was right and why this was the right time...

As I got up from my study desk at 5 in the evening was pretty evident on my face that I was a bit unsure of my plans or decisions but that's not Me

Varya Sen is never unsure of her decisions and at the end I know I am practical enough to make the right choice but a little bit of unsurity was still there...

That's when I heard a knock on the door of my room and I goout out of my thinking bubble...

( Yeah My room cause we are at my masi's place who considers me as her daughter cause hers died in an accident so a bit of special treatment but I was pulled out of this chain of thoughts as I heard what my ma said)