Episode 3: War and Pizza

Start from the beginning

"So, Donnie, hopefully this will be a quick fix." I said. Shift to Don working on a headless Albearto, parts strewn everywhere. donnie asked/said, "Eh? Uh . . . ." "Or a total tear-down. That works." April said. I hear screaming. "Huh?" I asked. Me and April Part the curtains and gasps. We open them wider to see the kids all going wild. "And short-circuiting con-qu-ered. Now to juice up his . . . ." Donnie said. April and I turns back to Don. "That's enough." I said. "We just need him to sing 'Happy Birthday' and quiet the kids down so we don't get fired." April said. Donnie says, "Oh, sure, he could just sing it. Or he could dazzle!" "Please, please, no dazzling." I said.

Don says while tinkering with Albearto's controls and then starts putting him back together. "You know, he might end up being the greatest entertainer-bot of his generation. And voila, Albearto 2.14.2. I upgraded my upgrade in the middle of the upgrade." He holds controls box and presses a button. "Now, to sync him to my remote, and it's showtime!" He said.

Albearto comes back to life and says, "Bon giorno, kiddies!" "Yeah, let's go give Timmy the Albearto-iest birthday ever." April said. "Yeah!" I said.

Sounds of raucous chatter and laughter. Little girl chases President Pepperoni. April and I step out on stage. April grasps the curtain pull. Don steps out behind us with a remote control box.

"You ready?" I asked. "Yep." Donnie asked. April pulls the cord and the curtain opens. Albearto is holding a guitar and plays a power chord. "Bon giorno, kiddies!" Albearto says. A little girl asked, "Is he going to break again?" "Not on our watch. Again." I said.

"Hold on to your birthday hats, kiddies," Albearto says and the band starts playing hard rock music. "Whoa!" He said. Don says, "And now, for a little guitar solo." He presses a button. "You're welcome." He said. "Check me out, I'm shredding this guitar like its mozzarella." Albearto said. "Looking good, D!" I said. Albearto continues playing; hopping around on the stage at the same time. Starts to malfunction. Donnie said, "Uh, hold on. No, no, no, no. He should not be glitching. He should be rocking and or rolling!" April said, "Donny." Electricity crackles and Albearto begins to spin.

"Oh, no, oh, the battery." Donnie said. A control box shows a battery empty symbol. "Oh, I knew I forgot to change something. I can't stop him!" Don said.

Albearto flying all over the stage. Shoves his guitar into the air and pierces an overhead light box. Electricity jolts down and through Albearto's body. Dramatic music plays as sparks flash all around Albearto. Kids are staring, their arms still in the air. April, Donnie and I stare. Close up of Albearto, followed by images of test tubes and circuit boards. Sudden explosion. Electricity crackles in an arc overhead. Smoke starts to clear. Kids covered in soot. April and I clutches our head and groans. "Ta-da." Donnie said.

3rd Pov

The turtles are in the kitchen eating pizza. The lights flash and then go out. "This can't be good." Raph said.

My Pov

Music plays. Back to Albearto who isn't moving. April and I runs onstage. "Okay, so that happened. But we can still sing 'Happy Birthday' without him." April said. She starts singing, "Happy birthday . . . ." Behind her, Albearto beings to stand up. Weird groan stops April mid-song. Kids looks terrified; they start shrieking and whimpering. "Hey diddly ho, kiddies." Albearto says. He stalks towards kids, who peer upwards in terror and says, "Time to pump this party up. Let's play!" The kids scream and run. "Donnie, can you, um . . . ." I said, I looks at Don, who still has the control box in his hands. "I can fix this." Don says and he pounds on the control box and says, "I can fix this, I can fix this, I can fix this. He bangs his head against the control box and said, "I can totally fix this." The box breaks when he smashes his face into it. "You know what, it turns out I cannot fix this." He said.