chapter 3

(Ecstatic)

Flour-dusted aprons and wide smiles, that's how Rain started all her weekends at the bakery, while Bora had the task of preparing all the pastries and goods, the younger girl busied herself in taking orders from their customers.

The aroma of freshly baked pastries enveloped the cozy space, Rain couldn't help but feel proud each time someone would express their great love for their treats, it made her so happy to see people enjoy something she was part of.

"are the brownies ready?" asked Bora, placing the tray of cupcakes on the display, Rain's face almost whitened at the mention of her brownies that she had long forgotten in the oven.

"Shoot- I gotta go check! Oh god! I don't want them to burn" she screamed as she rushed to their inner kitchen.

Rain let out a sigh of relief as she checked inside, the brownies were just the way she wanted them to be, and so she hurried to place them next to the rest of the pastries on the display.

"They're not going to disappear if you keep staring at them Rain, relax, It's a new item, people love to try new things" laughed Bora.

"Hopefully, I've been practicing at home, I don't know you're just better at me when it comes to this, I don't want us to lose customers because of a failed recipe of mine" mumbled Rain, her lips turned downwards in sadness.

"I've tasted it and I love it what do you mean? Stop overthinking it"

Though the bakery's space was limited, with no room for tables or chairs, but the two girls did an amazing job at decorating it, the interior was so aesthetically pleasing, luring all passerbys. Especially at the weekends, catching a break was so hard for the two girls, that's why Rain didn't waste a chance to take a stroll outside as soon as Bora told her it was okay to do so.

In her hand was a small box, where she had put a piece of the brownies she just made, she was looking for a calm place where she could finally try it, she managed to find a spot at a small park.

There was a playground very close by, still the place was too empty, making Rain turn her head and look around in wonder, that's when she noticed a very familiar black jacket, the hood hiding its owner's face, she got on her feet way before she could register it, running towards the person.

"Hey Mark!" she said as she stood in front of him.

Mark acted like he took no notice of her, even if his face showed how surprised he was, he just walked past her, almost bumping into her. Rain stood there like a statue, did he not recognize her?

She was speechless, feeling kinda hurt at the way she was ignored, but there was actually no reason for him to treat her that way, so she came to the conclusion that he didn't see her, or he had his airpods on so he thought it was just another person, or maybe he just didn't recognize her.

"Your look down? Don't tell me you didn't like the brownies?"

"No Bora, I didn't have much appetite to try it at all" the frown on Rain's face was getting bigger and bigger.

"And that's because..?"

"What do you mean 'because?' I'm not acting weird"

"Mark? Wow this answer was definitely weird, normally he would not put any mind to your question"

"You know I can hear you right Renjun, I'm right here?"