chapter 15 //**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚.

"it may seem like our fire

has been a little burnt out, we're tired

we only need to stay close, in time

sparks will fly"

sparks will fly (ft. jhené aiko)

-j. cole

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥‧̥̥͙ ⑅ˏ͛-

Y'ALL DID NOT SEE THIS POV COMING LMFAO

.·:*¨¨* miles' pov *¨¨*:·.

today wasn't supposed to go down like this. i can feel my hands shaking, and i fix my posture, glancing back towards my dad and... y/n.

the pit in my stomach grows, how- why was he even here? shouldn't she be at visions? thank god that dad is here.

i take care of the typical robber and i hear dad talking to y/n about where she lives and visions and- oh my god.

my dad just suggested that me, spider-man, take y/n back to visions. this is amazing, but also horrible at the same time. 

like, having the girl I like that close to me? a total win. but... it's not miles, it's spider-man. I'll have to make sure to hide my voice better.

my dad waves me over and i stand up straight. i'm a little nervous but i do a mini salute, deepening my voice. "yo. what's up, officer morales."

my dad's face wrinkles and i narrow my eyes gently at him. he needs to be chill for me, just for one second.

"uhm- yeah, can you swing..." i watch as my dad looks at y/n for her name. "y/n" she says with a smile, before turning to look at me.

i feel as if she's staring right into my soul. and then I realize my dad is himself, putting the puzzle pieces together. I might have mentioned y/n before. and described her. and talked about her. and drawn her.

dad must recognize her name or face because he glances at me with a small smile. ugh.

i narrow my eyes even more at him as he speaks to y/n. "well, spider-man here is going to take you to visions, kay? and... maybe be more careful on the streets."

y/n nods with a smile and she seems a little nervous. i mean, naturally. "yes sir, thank you so much, again." my dad just tips his uniform hat with a grin and nudges her towards me.

this is too much. i smile down at her as he walks over, looking me over. "so... spider-man?" she says with a smile. i cough, remembering to sound deeper.

"yeah, that's me." i say, shifting on my feet. i tilt my head gently and I motion for her to come over. "so... how..." y/n says, looking confused.

she seems nervous which makes me feel better. "jus'-" i pause and bend my legs gently. "here." i move her arms around my neck, blushing like crazy under the mask.

y/n jumps up, and i instinctively grab her thighs, pulling her up to carry her. i realize that might have crossed a border, but y/n just clings onto me.

i wrap my arms around her and i pray to god she can't hear my heart beating. it's crazy to go from one day, eating lunch with your crush to her holding onto you, wrapped around your waist.

i smile under the mask like crazy before getting ready to swing away. "ready?" i ask, breathily and i feel her hold tighten.

"ready." y/n says with a smile and i move my wrist up, flicking it out. as i gently get us off the ground, she gasps in my ear and a warmth covers my body.

 i feel my hand shaking as i flick again, gaining speed and height as the wind whips around us. y/n screams a little and i laugh to myself as we get higher.

i feel her look down, we're high above the brooklyn streets and y/n buries her head into my neck, breathing heavy.

fuck, this is getting hard. y/n is distracting me from my web-slinging a little too much. i tilt my head back and spot visions. we're almost there but i don't want to set her down.

i swing to the steps of visions, gently setting her down on the pavement. y/n smiles up at me, her hair wind-blown with rosy cheeks.

i smile, my suit eyes squinting happily. "thank you so much, miles." she says with a smile.

i freeze. she freezes. we both caught that. miles? she... she knows it's me under the suit? y/n's eyes widen and i'm shocked.

this isn't good.

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥‧̥̥͙ ⑅ˏ͛-

this story really ramped up. i got bored ngl