chapter 11//**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"now I'm something like the chemist on campus

but there's no drug around

quite like what I found in you, you"

novacane 

-frank ocean

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥‧̥̥͙ ⑅ˏ͛-

OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG

again, i'm making up info about visions bcs i have no clue how the school works after school hours. i also found all the community episodes on ctv (a safe canadian news website) for free with minimal ads (legitimately thrilled.)

.·:*¨¨* x's pov *¨¨*:·.

the anxiety of eating supper with my crush plus and thrill of eating supper with my crush make the meal go by super fast.

it's hard to believe all that has happened today and i try not to think about it. my life usually consists of me observing other people's lives, their stories.

but, today i got my own. and i don't know whether i should be happy or sad. now i have so much more stresses to deal with. 

but, i need to focus on the here and now. miles, sitting right beside me with his leg touching mine. the way his golden eyes shine and how he shakes his head when he laughs.

as soon as it started, it ends. we're done eating and it's around 7, usually when students head off for their night activities.

i secretly hope miles doesn't excuse himself but then his phone rings. it reminds me of my other problem, why miles keeps leaving all the time.

this time, it's a name i don't recognize. a boy and i watch as miles gives me an apologetic look. 

but... he doesn't answer it. my heart jumps until miles stands up. his lanky body is tall and i feel i should stand up to equal it out just a little bit.

"sorry, that's one of the guys on the team, we have basketball practice and i'm pretty late already." he says with a small chuckle.

i nod, understanding. i had no clue he was on the team! 

"yeah, decided to join for our last year! might as well, right?" miles says and i hope i don't look too shocked. i didn't realize i had said those words out loud to be honest.

this feels weird, like... i'm not in control which i'm not used to. being a naturally nervous person, i think about what i'm going to say before i say it.

with miles, it just spills out. i honestly love it. "looks good on collage applications, plus you must love the game with all your basketball jerseys." 

i say, hoping i don't sound absolutely creepy. but, miles doesn't notice or care. "true." he says, nodding with a smile. 

we're walking out of the art room and his nod involves his whole body, another example of how expressive he is. he's beautiful and i can't explain it.

i can picture myself grabbing his amazing face and kissing him over and over. for now, i settle on watching him turn to me.

he looks excited and his eyes light up. "hey, you should come to our next game!" i grin and i nod. "yeah, when is it?"

usually when a friend invites me to shit, i say something to not say yes or no while still making them happy. but with miles, i'm way too excited.

"this friday, in the main gym." miles makes a face and i can see he's thinking. i admire him for the quick second he squints. "i think it's at 7? yeah, yeah." he nods, turning to me with a smile.

miles gives me a thumbs up, spinning around as he jogs backwards. i return them, grinning as he shoots me a goofy smile and turns, rushing towards the gym.

i shake my head but i can't shake the smile off of my face. this day has been crazy. i head up to my dorm, placing my ear buds in.

i enter the dorm to charlie sitting on her bed, scrolling through her phone. "you look happy." she says, smiling as char glances up.

"miles invited me to watch him play basketball." i say with a grin. char sits up, in awe. i nod with wide eyes and we squeal together.

even though today has been absolutely insane and i can't wait to sleep, life is still good. i flop onto my bed, unable to stop smiling.

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥‧̥̥͙ ⑅ˏ͛-

so, after writing this, i realized that it took 11 chapters to get through one whole day. like, i get that i had to start the plot somehow, but i think i'm going to start doing more time skips, like, all these events don't have to happen right after each other. so expect a little more time skips and stuff like that.