"You still remember Mrs. Kang, Jennie?" My headteacher.  

"She was very excited about how the then Lalisa tamed her. Apparently you were an unpredictable class clown until the nice woman sat you down." I roll my eyes inwardly. But I'm not surprised that Mrs. Kang revealed so much. 

"What relevance does that have to her case, which is so complex?" I ask with loud mockery in my voice. 

"Your daughter has the same name as Ms. Manoban." My eyes narrow. 

Nobody talks about Lili. No one. The blood in my body freezes. My family is my sanctuary. My daughter is my life and no one is allowed to pollute it. 

"What's your point, Mark?" I take a step closer to him. 

"Huh? What are you trying to tell me?" Mark scratches the back of his neck uncomfortably. 

"I'm just mentioning that her name isn't a very common one, Jennie. I know where you come from, people like you do that so it's understa-" I raise my eyebrow and look down at him disparagingly. He avoids eye contact. Pure weakness.

"What's common, huh? Tell me. You know so much about people like me so speak." Mark swallows nervously and takes a step back. 

"Jennie-" His words get stuck in his throat. 

I stand threateningly in front of him. He's a whole head taller than me, so I have to look up at him. I take another step forward, pushing him further the corner. The mischief has vanished from his eyes. Mark is trapped between the wall and me. Agitated, he tries to keep distance between us, but in vain. The vein in his forehead throbs and he licks his lips feverishly. 

"Where is now your dirty smile? Talk about my daughter again and I'll show you what people like me usually do."

"Jennie." I turn to the side and look into Theo's face. His eyes warn me. 

"Your brother is looking for you." A lie. 

"I have to go change." I reply and look back at Mark. I see the mischief in his eyes again. How can a weak personality have so much courage? I grind my jaw. Anger flows through my veins and my whole body tenses 

"Jennie, now." Theo warns me. Mark smiles. 

"Go, Jennie. Help your brother." I snort aggressively. 

"Jennie!" I press my tongue against my mouth and take a few steps back. Mark closes his file with a sigh and licks his lips. 

"We'll talk next time." I knit my eyebrows together. 

"We'll see about that." I reply irritably. An indistinct smile appears on his lips. He thinks he won a power game, but power wasn't my goal. 

"Yes, we will." Mark throws a disparaging look at Theo and nods goodbye to me. 

"You can't do that to an official, Jennie." Theo chides me after Mark leaves the locker room. I bite my tongue before I say something that upsets Theo. I unbuckle my belt and look away. 

"Did you know about that?" I snap and he ignores my question. 

"I've heard a lot of things about him. He's not one of the good guys, so be careful." I wipe my mouth and exhale loudly. I want him to answer my question. 

"This commissioner, he doesn't like us and he's doing everything he can to make us look bad. Please leave it and don't bother. He's heard from many people that you're a bit more temperamental. He just wants to provoke you." 

"Did you know about it?" My loud voice echoes loudly in the cramped locker room. Theo is suddenly as quiet as a mouse. I shake my head angrily. The veins running down my neck are literally pulsating.