3

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto and I never will. This is a FAN fiction. They are made by fans.

A/N: By the way, I drew a picture of the Kyuubi as a fennec fox just cause...

Tai's POV

I sigh as I sit in my position on the roof. I look to my right and see Akira next to me. Her eyes are closed but I can see the steady rising and falling of her chest, signifying that she is sleeping. I lay back onto the roof and watch as the sun rises over the horizon. Kakashi told me that we would be joining the graduating class so we have a few days before we are assigned our teams. I better show them how insane I am. I wouldn't want them to try to be friends with me. I only need Akira. I want to protect the people who would normally die and I would stay loyal to Konohagakure but I don't need friends. Now that I'm thinking about it though, what am I going to do for these three days? I should probably train. I should also study more anatomy of animals that I want to be able to shape-shift into. I can't shape-shift into something unless I know how it works. When I add another limb on my body, let's say... wings, I have to know how they work and how bird would use them. My forms always have a weakness though. For example, birds have hollow bones so that they can fly without too much effort. They have to stay lightweight so that they can fly properly. In my case I would have to make my bones hollow, take off a lot of unnecessary muscle and make the wings really big. The weakness is pretty obvious though. Since I have to make everything lightweight, that also means that I am physically weaker and my bones can break easier. So in other words, I'm more fragile. I also have to learn how to fly with them. I couldn't do that back in my... Dimension? World? What would it be called? Anyway, I couldn't practice flying there for obvious reasons. I never had a place away from everyone where I could fly. I could only really condition my body and practice basic shape shifting.

I was brought out of my thoughts be a shout. "Hey, Tai, I'm going out, don't destroy the place." Did he really think that I would destroy a place that I resided in? Okay... maybe I would...

"Don't worry~" I started with a singsong voice. "I would neeeever think about it~" I have a feeling he wasn't that reassured. I look over the edge of the roof to see him start walking away from the house. He's probably going to talk to a rock or something. That's the only reason he would go out this early. there's no way he's actually going somewhere important.

Now that he's gone though... I should probably work on my flying. I should also think up something to make my winged form stronger. If I make myself smaller, I can also make my wings smaller so I could be more stealthy. I could turn myself into a plain bird but it would be hard to run and hold stuff.

I looked over to Akira and see that she had woken up when me and Kakashi were conversing. "Hey, Akira, we should go train now. You can work on your chakra control and I can work in flying." I said.

"Okay, we can do that but where are we going to train?" She asked me. Where should we train? I want to go somewhere inconspicuous so that nobody sees my abilities. Suddenly, I had a great idea.

"Hey... I have a great idea."

--------------------

Ten minutes later found me in front of a big fence surrounding an ominous forest. It had 44 gates lined up around it. I looked down and to my right to see Akira. She had completely protested against going here but I skillfully persuaded her... Okay, I begged her... But that's not the point! I finally get to go here. Yep, you guessed it, we are going to train in the forest of death. I think it's a great idea... nobody to see my awesome powers. I grinned evilly and grabbed Akira into my arms. I skillfully scaled the fence, dropping off into the other side. I suddenly felt eyes on back and turned around only to find... nobody there. Huh, that's weird...

------ The Hokage Tower (3rd Person)------

Sarutobi was sitting in his chair gazing into his crystal ball, watching a girl and her dog as they jump over the fence surrounding the Forest of Death. He had talked to the girl just yesterday. He found her suspicious, but then again, they are the ones who brought her here so she couldn't really be a harm to the village... Right?

------Back with Tai------

Akira and I are currently in the middle of a clearing that we managed to find. We would need a clear area to do our training. It even has a little pond for Akira to practice her chakra control on. Too bad I can't watch her fall in. I have training of my own.

Akira and I each parted ways. Akira went over to the pond and I went in the middle of the clearing. The reason that I'm learning how to fly first instead of a more damaging attack form is because if I don't have enough skills to beat my opponent I could always fly above them to recover or I could alert others if I'm in trouble. I highly doubt my opponent would be able to fly. Wings are also one of the easiest things to create (In my opinion at least).

When I was in the clearing, I tried to concentrate. I had to concentrate on wings growing out of my back. I should also think of where it would connect on my back, it can't just be a random place. I think that the scapula works best for this. I need to strengthen my scapula first so that it can hold the weight of my wings. I concentrated on that and felt my back tighten a bit. It was a weird feeling but I'm used to it. Next, I focused on the bones of the wings. I feel that bat wings are far easier to do than bird wings. This is simply because there are no feathers to grow on bat wings. The bird wings are a bit stronger but they take hours to form. I can train that time but it would take a while. Right now I'm fine with my bat wings. The bones were formed but here's the hard part. Now I have to make the stretched skin cover the fingers of the wing and the arm. it's like stretching the skin on each finger to connect to each other and making your fingers super long.

the bat wing bones are so thin that I don't have to make them hollow (more like I can't). I do have to make myself weigh almost nothing though. With that being said lets move onto my own body. First, I made myself about a whole foot shorter. I made most of my bones completely hollow, then some of my body fat go away along with some muscle. I feel a lot lighter now. Now some of you may get be thinking along the lines of: 'How can she do all that? She's going against equivalent exchange!' First of all, equivalent exchange never really applied to my morphing and shape shifting. Second, I don't have another reason. And third, I don't know why I'm still counting.

Right now, I probably look like a small malnourished child. I say probably because I still have my clothes on which are really big on me now. That being said, I shed my sweater, revealing my long purple hair and my golden/yellow eyes. Okay, so maybe I played around with the color pigments in my hair. Not my eyes though. Those are natural. My hair looks cooler... Better than the plain black it was before. I have a black tank top and black biker shorts underneath my clothes for my training. I also shed my pants. I have holes in the Back of my tank top and sweater now though... I should probably think before I morph...