"I am not a Decepticon, Megatron. Nor an Autobot," Alpha Trion replies.

Soundwave continues their path down towards the warehouse, making their way to a more secluded area that's closed off from the rest of the building. Standing near its console is a familiar purple frame.

Shockwave looks up from their work, their golden optic acknowledging Soundwave briefly.

"Shockwave, the Allspark has been retrieved," Soundwave says, opening their chassis. They grab Kaede and offer him over to Shockwave. Shockwave's optic brightens for a moment and they step away from their console.

"I have a place for them to stay," Shockwave says, heading off to reveal a small makeshift cage that is surrounded by clear material. Inside has a cot and some snacks and water. Soundwave places Kaede into the cage and its door shuts, locking itself. Kaede sits down on the ground in defeat, watching as Soundwave walks off. Shockwave goes back to their console, ignoring Kaede for the time being.

Chicago, before the launch

"Shockwave!" Megatron calls out as he enters the lab. "Get the Allspark ready for extraction, we're leaving as soon as Starscream and his Seekers return from their mission." He looks over to see Kaede sitting against the wall of the cage, his back turned towards everyone.

"Yes, Lord Megatron," Shockwave replies. Megatron exits the lab and Shockwave turns to face the cage. They open it with a command and the door opens with a hiss of air. Kaede takes it as a chance to try and escape before Shockwave grabs them, Kaede struggling in their clutches. "Don't. You may be small enough to escape but Soundwave will find you. Especially with Ravage. They won't be as gentle with you as I am," Shockwave says quietly. "Please, I need you to cooperate," they plead. Kaede stops and sighs irritably. Shockwave takes them over to the device they'd been working on for the past few months. As they begin to strap him into the mechanism, Kaede finally speaks.

"Shockwave, I know you used to be an Autobot, you can stop this and help us!" Kaede pleads.

"You don't understand. Cybertron is dying, we need the Allspark to keep it from becoming a dead planet. Our energon resources are depleted, we can't go back home, you're our only hope in fixing this," Shockwave explains frantically. They look at him with a dim optic. "If the Allspark isn't returned in the next few years, there'll be no home to go back to. I'm sorry but- You're not important enough to choose over my planet." They connect Kaede to the last strap. "I'll try to make this as painless as possible," they say apologetically.

"There has to be another way," Kaede argues.

"I've tried!" Shockwave exclaims throwing their servos up. "Even with my brilliant intellect I cannot recreate the Allspark," they lament, throwing a tool roughly aside.

"Shockwave," Soundwave's voice then calls out from the door. "Megatron has requested everyone's presence. Is the organic secured?"

"Yes," Shockwave says, looking at Kaede. They walk off to join Soundwave, leaving Kaede alone in the lab.

As Shockwave approaches the empty space with Megatron standing in the centre alongside Alpha Trion, Soundwave goes aside and projects a screen for everyone to see.

"As you all remember, we demanded the Autobots leave the planet in order for us to spare this speck of dirt," Megatron starts. "Now we shall see the Autobots' departure live for all to see." Alpha Trion stands beside him, standing out amongst the Decepticons.

Shockwave watches the Xanthium rising up into the sky to exit the atmosphere. As its external tanks detach and fall into the ocean below it, three Seekers then come into view. They quickly recognise it as Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. Shockwave's limited expression quickly changes to shock and realisation and the Seekers shoot past the Xanthium, raining fire down upon it until the Xanthium explodes in a burst of shrapnel. Shockwave's spark drops and Megatron's cold laugh echoes, Alpha Trion offlining his optics and looking down as guilt washes over him.