Chapter 4: Battle in Uncharted Territory

Y/N's PoV

Huh, what the -?! I'm... not dead?

My eyes fluttered open as a bone-chilling cold penetrated my body. I was still alive somehow, but I was now in a forest I didn't recognize at all.

Y/N: Where am I?

I don't recognize this forest... or these trees. And these mountains... they're nothing like the mountains I'm used to seeing. Am I... somewhere beyond the Walls?

I looked around to see if I could find any recognizable landmarks, but nothing around me seemed familiar at all.

Never mind that. I have better things to be worried about right now than that.

I looked over my shoulder and saw the four Titans still hot on my heels. Behind them was the blue glowing object, which I assume is what brought me here in the first place.

Damn, they're still chasing me. I need to lose them somehow and circle back to the object.

I clenched Oswald's reins tightly as I bid him to go faster.

Y/N: Come on, Oswald. Faster!

Oswald: Neigh!

CHAPTER 4: BATTLE IN UNCHARTED TERRITORY

Now playing: 進撃st-hrn-egt20130629巨人 by Hiroyuki Sawano

As Oswald and I weaved through the trees, the Titans kept pace with us. Fortunately for me, though, they were somewhat being slowed down by the trees.

Damn, I forgot how persistent these guys can be sometimes! How the hell am I even supposed to lose them?!

As I contemplated my next course of action, I suddenly found myself being flung forward as Oswald tripped over an exposed tree root.

Oswald: Neigh!

Y/N: Woah!

I quickly covered my head as I landed ungracefully on the ground. I managed to roll out of the way as Oswald tumbled behind me, a loud snap echoing through the air as his legs shattered from the fall.

Shit! This is bad! I need to get up before I end up becoming Titan chow!

As I flipped onto my stomach and scrambled onto my feet, I quickly unfastened my holsters and took out my ODM gear controllers.

Y/N: Come on! Come on!

I then fired the grappling hooks of my ODM gear as the 12-meter Abnormal caught up to me. As I watched the hooks shoot toward a nearby tree, the Titan loomed over me and reached out to grab me. Fortunately, I quickly took off the moment I felt the hooks anchor themselves into the tree and narrowly avoided its hand. 

Y/N: Woo!

Now, that was too close for comfort!

I looked over my shoulder and saw the four Titans looking up at me as I soared through the air. I couldn't help but shiver as they stared at me with their soulless, giant eyes and a wide grin that seemed permanently etched onto their faces.