January Recap (2024)

Now that January is over and we're officially one month into this new year, I thought I would sit down and do a little recap of the first month of 2024.

For once, although it never gets old how fast the time is moving, I do feel a lot less regretful about a whole month having passed already. Probably because I feel like I kept myself busy this year so far.

Also probably because I've decided not to do that this year. To regret my time that is, however or whichever way it was spent in. Not to say you shouldn't be mindful of how your time is spent, but speaking for myself personally, it hasn't helped me. To think it over and over how this week passed and I didn't do anything or how the two months passed and I didn't do anything productive or useful.

Or as I also often seem to very wrongly term it; I didn't do anything that was "worth it" this time.

That word shouldn't be used as lightly as I have been using it for myself.

Anyway, so I took to looking at my time with a different lens this year. Well, I am trying. It might just very well be a different story in about 3 months but that's another thing...I can't be afraid of what might happen later and not say or do things today in fear of that. Least of all be afraid of saying simple words out loud.

We are constantly changing, that's in our nature. We can have seven different emotions over the same exact thing in turns over next seven months. That's just who we are. That doesn't mean I should keep my thoughts or feelings on lock today.

So, I'm going to try and be more free with what I want to say now. Make bold proclamations that go nowhere after a while, write major goals that I absolutely don't actually work towards or completely give up on in the upcoming months, make big plans and then instead get under my blankets and hide from the world...if that's where my mind and heart leads me.

I need to live in today. Something I kept trying to these past four years and absolutely didn't.

So, that's how I am going to move forward this year. Try to anyway. That's also my word for the year. Or to be more specific, they're words;

To move forward.

I am not going to lie, I do believe that it was not the initial word I had thought of earlier in the beginning of the year. But I also don't remember what it was so I'm picking something else now. The idea was anyway the same.

I want to grow. Do more. Be less scared. Believe I can. Live. Move forward towards a life I deserve to live.

 Move forward towards a life I deserve to live

January Recap:

When the month was over and I sat down to think about it, the word that came to mind while thinking about it was busy. January was a busy month for me. Specially by my own standards. The ones that I didn't set for myself, that's just the state my life has been in for a while now. Very non-happening. So, in comparison, January was a lot more happening.