Devon looked at her with curiosity. "What do you mean?"

"There are werewolves, shapeshifters, witches, and other creatures whose names I'm not even sure of," she replied.

Devon shook his head and stood up, quite nervous, but he looked at Carlisle with a certain desperation. "And now what? I'm dead, what's supposed to happen now?"

Rosalie also stood up. "Normally, I think we would come up with a plan to fake your death. Having your family think you're dead is the simplest solution, and then we would leave the city, if possible, leave the country," explained Carlisle. "However, we've discussed it a bit, and Alice had an idea, but we don't know how well it might work."

Devon looked at Alice for an explanation.

"Well... I really don't know how feasible it is. Normally, newborns, that is, newly turned vampires, are the most dangerous. They have an intense thirst for human blood. But from what I've seen and researched, most newborns consume human blood right away after their transformation. You haven't drunk blood yet, I suppose because there's no human around, and you haven't sensed that scent. So my assumption is that if you perhaps feed on animal blood before attempting human blood, you might avoid your instincts. If that works, it will be easier for you to live normally with your family without wanting to... kill them," Alice explained.

Devon slumped back into the chair. "But you're not really sure that could work, right?"

Alice shook her head. "No, I'm not a hundred percent sure."

"I don't want to put my family in danger to test a theory that is very unlikely," he stood up and looked at Alice, "but I don't think I'm ready to separate from them by faking my death."

Alice gave him a short smile. "We can try it. We really can't force you to base your diet on animal blood; you just have to be careful about the number of humans you kill. But if you want to try, all of us will help you."

Devon nodded. "I want to avoid killing someone as much as possible," he quickly glanced at Edward, who had remained silent, "but I'd like to know more about vampires."

"Maybe you want to go hunting first," Emmett suggested. "Then you'll have all the time you want to talk."

"There are still many things to resolve and explain, but Emmett is right," Esme said. "Maybe you haven't noticed, but you might feel a bit weak now. You should go hunting, and when you come back, you'll get all the answers you want."

Devon nodded. He still couldn't grasp what was happening, but he knew he shouldn't lose his sanity. He had to assimilate everything little by little.

"Although I'd like to know," Devon frowned, "what did you tell my mother? As I understand, I've been missing for three days."

Alice was the one who reacted to those words and pulled something out of her pocket. It was Devon's phone, which she quickly handed to him.

"Sorry, but I took it while you were unconscious and sent a message to your mother saying you had a job and would stay overnight at a friend's house for a very important project. I also told her you would come home after classes to pick up some clothes and go back to your friend's house," she cleared her throat, "said that friend was Edward. And it was Bella who took clothes from your room during those days."

Devon nodded. He still had some conflict with Edward, but right now, he couldn't complain. It was a good alibi.

Wait a second. Did she say Bella?

"Does Bella know?" he furrowed his brow.

"I think there's a lot that Edward should explain to you," Rosalie muttered as she walked towards her room.