Chapter 35: The Boy's Blessing

The elves came into your room to give you your dinner. You sweetly thanked them and this made them blush and trust you. You giggled when they fought about who's giving who's taking the dishes. You watched them joyfully and made them agree with each other.

North came in and all the elves started to leave the room. The place became quiet all of the sudden and behind the man in the red suit, stood the Easter Bunny and the Sandman but there was no sign of you son.

"They can't find the kid." Said North in a rather calm voice.

"Wh- what? He should be around there somewhere. Wi- with Jack Frost." You explained and the guardian leader saw the worry in your eyes.

Sandy started to draw images and didn't care how fast it was because he knew that you'll follow it perfectly.

"We searched the forest but we didn't see Jack Frost or even the kid. We heard a music playing from an instrument."

Your eyes widened and your lips curled into a smile. You sighed deeply in relief and put our hands on your chest.

"That's Jef. He's the one playing the flute." You explained and they looked at each other.

"Is there something you ain't telling us?" said Bunnymund madly and Sandy lighty puched the Easter Bunny's leg. "What? I'm just asking!"

"More ike threatening if you ask me." Said the jolly leader and gave out a guffaw.

"I want to know. Is this kid really ordinary? I mean, no one can see Jack but the child you're talking about can. Also I noticed something when we heard the music."

You sat on the sofa and waited for the bunny ranger to continue. You crossed your legs and rested your chin on the palm of your hand while gazing at the Easter Bunny.

"Go on…" you said with a grin.

"The wind and the music matches. There is something with the music, something peculiar. I don't know what that is but it's like he has control over it." Explained Bunnymund formally and the three guardians gazed at you attentively.

You sighed deeply and uttered a light laugh. You looked and smiled at each of them. You straightened and took a deep breath.

"Yes, Jef is not an ordinary boy. He's seven years old and his abilities will show up soon." You said and they all got shocked.

"I knew it!" shouted the Easter Bunny and took out his weapons. "I knew that kid was a trap!" he added and walked closer to you and pointed his weapon. "Are you playing games with us mate? Cause that ain't working for me."

You glimpsed at him with your dazzling eyes and something made the Easter Bunny to jerk back a few steps. He recognized that eyes of yours. The color and the pattern was the same as the winter spirit.

He shook that feeling away and continued to ask you questions. "Who are you and the kid? And- and why…" he stammered and gazed at you from head to foot, "You have the same white hair and eye color as Jack Frost."

This also made the other two to demur. A question popped in their heads, "Why do you and Jack have similarities? Why do you know them so well even though they don't know you? And the weirdest question was how come you understand Sandy?"

"Mystery isn't it?" you said using a weird tone and smiled politely at the ranger. "You already know the answers Bunnymund. You just have to remember."

The Easter Bunny had enough with your games and he completely lost his ground. He jumped back and was about to grab an egg bomb when North stopped him.

North and the Sandman detered Bunnymund and they even have to put him to sleep. Lying on the floor, The Easter Bunny was in slumber and Sandy gave his apologise to you.

You giggled sweetly and nodded. "That's alright. I know that he don't trust someone that easy."

"Mind If I ask." Said North and stood in front of you, "What kind of ability does this kid have?"

"I don't really know he's still growing." You said simply and sat back on the sofa. "But expect… he'll be stronger than all of us combined."

North's eyes got widened and Sandy just shrugged. The guardian leader stroke his white beard and stared at you for a long while.

"Wh- what do you mean?" asked North curiously. "Who do you mean US?"

"Us. Me, Jack Frost, you, the Sandman, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairy." You explained further and smiled at the end when you added, "Oh and… Pitch."

"Th- that kid?" asked North nervously and gazed at you with his round, surprised eyes.

"Yup." You said merrily and winked. "Someone blessed him. Someone so powerful. He didn't tell me what he gave him though." You said and glared like MiM was there watching you. "But I'm sure that it was special."

"Him? Who is this him you're talking about?" continued the man in the red suit but you sadly shook your head.

"Sorry… I can't tell you that." You whispered. "He only gave me a hint. He loves giving me hints and absolutely having fun watching me getting pissed of with it." You added and giggled.

"The first hint was he will have an unusual best friend. Blur right?" you mocked and scratched your head, "Second was that one of his abilities will depend on a THING, another unhelpful hint but I think I already figured this one out; And lastly, he's the key against the dark."

Everyone became silent, especially the guardian lying on the floor. You stood up and gazed outside and saw snow falling. You grinned and closed your eyes hoping that everything's alright with your two boys.

"He's a special kid alright… He's born from two special lovers." You murmured and this got North's attention.

"Is he that powerful?" said North still surprised about the information you gave.

"You have no idea." You said with a relish grin. "He's just like his father… Only much, MUCH stronger."