Chapter 16: Dark Trick

The sky was now covered with reddish yellow colors. Sunset; and after that, comes night. You heard a door closing and guessed that it was the winter spirit. You closed your stressed eyes and felt the wind blowing towards you.

Jack hugged himself tightly and shrugged because of the cold. He stood beside you but didn't talk for a few minutes.

"If- If you don't mind…" whispered Jack and broke the silence, "Ca- can you make sure that Pippa and my mom will be fine after I'm gone?"

Shocked, you gazed at him and a tear flowed down your cheek. The winter spirit quickly hushed you when you started to sob.

"Ho- how can you be so confident?" you asked still tears flowing from your eyes. "Jack you'll die. Aren't you afraid?"

"I am. I am afraid. Bu- but… you said I have to do it." He said and kissed your forehead. "I have this feeling that I should and I can't resist it. Like, It's like… I don't care about it. Also, you said that you won't exist right? If I didn't do this?"

"Jack… you just met me? Why would you do that for me?" you asked curiously and also touched his pale pinkish cheeks.

"Be- because… I fell in love with you." Said Jack shyly and sweetly, "When I first saw you, I felt like I've known you for a long, long time. I know it's crazy and we just met but I'm sure about what I'm feeling."

The wind stopped and the dark fell. You and Jack walked in the woods but didn't have a communication with each other. You stopped and sat in the snow while you rest your back on the tree branch behind you.

The winter spirt joined and weaved his fingers in yours. You looked at him with surprise and your cheeks turned crimson red. Your heart beat fast when he fondled your hand and felt nervous about the way he looked at you.

"Five more days…" Jack whispered.

"Don't count… It will make me feel like time's flying." You said madly.

Jack giggled but your face was still stern. He cleared his throat and cuddled your hands softer. You looked at it as the winter spirit kissed it gently. You heard the owls hooted and the the crickets chirping. The night was so calm and bright. You looked up and saw the huge, full moon in the dark sky.

Jack followed your direction and smiled. "What will happen to me after?" said Jack.

"You'll become someone else and can't even remember your human life." You responded candidly.

The young guardian got frightened and looked at you with amazement. He clutched your hand lightly and this got your attention.

"Well that's lonely." Said the winter spirit quietly.

"I'm afraid so." You replied and added, "You will forget me, Jef, your sister, your mom and yourself."

"That's not possible. Why would I forget?"

You didn't respond to this and freed your hands from Jack's. You stood up and walked away from the young guardian. Jack followed behind you and then instantaneously, he grabbed your wrist and locked you in his arms.

"What are you-"

Jack put his hand behind your head and pressed his lips against yours. You uttered a light yelp and tried to get away from him. He parted his lips and joined it with yours again. You can feel your whole body weakened and your legs softened.

The winter spirit didn't know what he was doing. He just kissed you deeper and deeper until you kissed back. He lay you on the snow gently and kissed you again fervidly. With your eyes opened, you can see Jack's brilliant brown eyes gazing at yours.