"Carlisle, I need you to come immediately," he sounded truly alarmed.

"What happened? Where are you?"

"Devon got stabbed, and he's lost a lot of blood. I'm applying pressure to his wound, but he'll bleed out if I stop."

There was a short moment of silence on the other end.

"I'm sorry, Edward. There was a school bus accident, and there are many injuries at the hospital. I can't come right now, and ambulances are not available due to the accident; they keep bringing in more people."

Edward seemed desperate, torn about what to do. Forks was usually a quiet town where nothing exciting happened. Why did a significant accident have to occur on that day, preventing him from attending to Devon?

"There's a lot of blood," Edward muttered.

"Most likely, it has pierced the stomach or some vital organ. Even if you try, you won't be able to save him on your own. You'll have to decide, Edward. You can still transform him or let him die."

Edward went completely blank, looking at Devon agonizing on the ground, unable to breathe properly. If he removed his hands from the wound, he would probably end up bleeding to death.

Edward looked at him with panic, unable to make any decision at the moment. What exactly was he supposed to do?

Despite his dead heart, his chest hurt intensely. He couldn't continue to exist without Devon, but he also didn't want to condemn him to his lifestyle.

He heard a groan from Devon that brought him back to reality; the boy was paler than a moment ago. However, Devon's mind still provided an intense calmness to Edward because he heard only him, no one else.

"Edward?" Alice's voice came from the other side of the line.

"I can't do it," Edward murmured, "What if I can't stop? If I end up killing him."

"I know you can do it, Edward. But you have to decide now," there was a loud sound from Carlisle's end, "I'm sorry; I have to go right now. Call your brothers."

Edward dropped his cellphone on the floor, where a large pool of blood was accumulating.

Devon didn't deserve to die, at least not like this. He still had so much to live for—things to experience, places to visit. But was it selfish to want him in that way?

Another groan came from Devon, who had his eyes tightly closed in an attempt to resist the pain.

"I don't want to die this way," came a weak, agonizing murmur from the boy.

That was all Edward needed to make a decision.

"Calm down; I won't let you die like this."

He released the pressure from the wound and took Devon's hand, giving a kiss to his palm.

"Please don't hate me, Devon. But I really need you."

Devon was no longer able to comprehend anything; he was dizzy and with his mind elsewhere.

Then Edward sank his fangs into Devon's skin, slowly sucking his blood and feeling it rushing through his system quickly. It had been a long time since he had consumed even a single drop of human blood, but Devon's blood tasted exquisite.

Devon groaned in pain, no longer sure if it was from the stab wound or the bite. But soon, he felt weak and lost consciousness completely.

Edward managed to stop sucking Devon's blood before it was too much and looked at him with some sadness and guilt. Was it really his best decision? He hoped so.

He picked up his blood-soaked cellphone and called Alice to ask her to come along with his brothers. He was going to need help to get rid of all the mess he had caused.

But one thing he knew for sure. Devon would stay by his side for a long time.

Now they just had to figure out how to explain everything to their parents, Charlie, and Bella. But he would worry about that later.

 But he would worry about that later

Okay... I admit that from the previous chapter I had no idea what I was going to do HAHAHAHAHA I had two different paths planned. They were this one that you just read where Devon is transformed and one where Devon is saved in time xdxd and I didn't decide but in the end it was this one.