Carlisle nodded and looked at Edward.

"Edward, help me take off his shirt."

Edward approached while Carlisle helped Devon sit up, and Edward lifted the fabric until it came off the boy's body. Devon lay back on the couch, and Edward stared at him.

If he could blush, he probably would have done it right then. Devon had a fit body, indicating that he exercised, but there were also some scars and marks from the recent blows.

"My hands are a bit cold, but I'll touch you a bit to check if you have a broken rib."

Devon nodded, and Carlisle placed a couple of fingers on the boy's abdomen, gently palpating. However, Devon let out a groan and grabbed the couch fabric tightly.

"Sorry," the blonde apologized, but Devon shook his head.

"It's okay, I'm fine."

Carlisle continued his work, and after what felt like an eternity to Devon, the older man stood up with a sigh.

"Fortunately, there are no broken bones, but the blows were strong. It's best for you to take some painkillers and rest."

Devon nodded gratefully. He was sure that if he had something broken, they would have sent him straight to the hospital.

"Thanks, Dr. Cullen. And I'm sorry for the trouble."

Carlisle shook his head with a smile.

"Not at all. Any friend of Edward's is a friend of the family." He looked at Edward as he took a few steps towards the stairs. "I'll get some injections. They'll work better than pills. Won't be long."

Carlisle disappeared, leaving only Edward, Devon, and Esme.

"Oh, I'll get the groceries from the car and prepare something for dinner," Esme said, giving Edward a smile. Still, he almost rolled his eyes.

"I'll help," Edward said immediately.

"None of that, Edward. Stay with our guest and take care of him," she ordered, but Edward could read her thoughts. She just wanted to leave them alone.

Edward stared at her, but Esme raised and lowered her eyebrows a couple of times while also leaving. Then they were alone.

"Thanks for helping me," Devon's voice was heard, and Edward approached him, sitting on the edge of the wooden coffee table.

Edward shook his head, downplaying the matter.

"I didn't really do anything."

Devon let out a laugh.

"Of course, you did. If you hadn't come to that alley, those guys would have finished me off. And you didn't take me to the hospital like I asked. So, thanks. I didn't want to worry anyone about this."

Edward then smiled a little.

"Don't mention it."

Carlisle returned shortly with a syringe filled with who knows what and injected Devon. However, it practically knocked him out, and he had fallen asleep on the Cullen's couch.

🥀

Devon opened his eyes feeling a bit sore, but he also felt confused because he didn't recognize the place where he was. He was a bit cold, but everything was bearable.

"I'm glad you woke up, Devon," he heard a cheerful and slightly high-pitched voice. "I brought you some tea, and Carlisle left you a bottle of painkillers."

Devon came out of his confusion and looked at a short-haired girl with a big smile. He recognized her from school; she must be Alice Cullen.

The boy tried to sit up, realizing that he was no longer in so much pain, but there was a bandage on his abdomen.

Sweater Weather ๛ Edward Cullen ( ENG VER ) ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें