Chapter 1 - Intro

AN - Hey guys, this is my first proper story! Let me know what you think.

------

Jen Morrison was a teacher, a young but a good teacher. She taught History at Green Hall Comprehensive, had done for six years now. She started at the age of twenty-two, when her daughter and her had moved to west Wales.

You're probably thinking, oh a daughter, a cute little toddler, right?

Wrong. When they had moved, Jen's daughter was nine, which means that at the start of this story, she was fifteen, and in year ten in Green Hall Comp.

And now you're thinking that that can't have been true. Because Jen would have been thirteen when she'd had her daughter, Sophie. That's what you're thinking, isn't it? Well that's a story for later.

Jen was around five foot and three inches, with blonde hair cut just below her defined jaw line. Her features were defined, with a body that showed no signs of being a mother. Her eyes were a hazel brown and her lips were soft, only defected by a scar on the right of her lower lip.

Sophie was quite similar to her mother: toned muscles, hazel eyes and the same blonde hair but grown a bit longer, over her shoulder.

"Soph!! Come on!!! We've got to go!!!"

Sophie was brushing through her hair, before they headed out to see Sophie's father the week before school started again after Easter, in Sophie's tenth year.

"Mum!! I don't want to go."

Sophie and Jen lived in a three bedroom house around fifteen minutes away from the school. Jen was a single parent and this house had been passed down to her from her grandmother. It had needed a lot of work, sure, but now it was beautiful. There was a large garden with a hot tub, and the garage had been converted into a games room. The attic was Sophie's room and there was a lounge, kitchen, and two bathrooms.

"I don't want to either, but we haven't seen him in a month and you know the rules. His therapist says he needs to see you once a month or he's going to deteriorate."

Sophie ran down the stairs, meeting her mother by the front door as she put on her jacket.

"Come on then, let's go."

"Promise you won't leave me?" Sophie asked, holding Jen's hand.

"I promise baby."

Seeing Sophie's dad was never an enjoyable experience but they got through the meal at the prison without much fuss.

When they were sat in the living room, later that evening, Jen finally mentioned that she was going into work the next day.

"Do you wanna come with me?" She asked as she put in the bookmark in between the pages. "I know Mollie would be excited to see you." Mollie was Sophie's form tutor and Jen's best friend.

"Yeah, nothing better to do." Sophie replied with a shrug, setting down her knitting.

Yes, Sophie knitted, and she also played netball, and sung in the school choir. She was multi-talented and was very bright in school. She had always been around smart people since she was born. She was raised by a professor whilst her mother finished school. She had forty five year old grandparents and a twenty eight year old mother, whilst she was fifteen. She loved her family that were so close in age but it also meant that they basically had the same mindset, so they annoyed each other greatly.

"Cool, right well, I'm gonna head to bed. You coming?" Jen asked.

"Yep." Sophie nodded. "I'll finish this row and I'll be up."