6. Older & Colder

Start from the beginning

Despite Jisoo's diminishing strength, she struggled to move inside the restricted space of the car. Sensing her difficulty, Seungcheol took charge.

His hands found secure points, one beneath her shoulders and the other beneath her knees.

With a careful yet sturdy lift, he hoisted her out of the car, allowing her to lean against him for support.

The outside air felt even colder to Jisoo, who was already trembling.

Her hands instinctively clasped together behind Seungcheol's neck for support, and her blood painted his black shirt as she rested her head on his chest, seeking warmth and comfort.

He led her to his car, swiftly opening the passenger door with a quick motion of his hand, followed by a wide swing using his foot.

Seungcheol carefully lowered her into the car, ensuring she felt the support of the seat beneath her.

He arranged her head to rest against the seat, his expression marked with a visible frown, reflecting the seriousness of the situation.

Seungcheol sighed, casting a final glance at her before closing her door. Without hesitation, he hurried to his side of the car.

Without wasting any time, he swiftly got into the car. From the backseat, he retrieved a hoodie, placing it gently over her trembling form.

As the material made contact with her skin, she flinched, prompting another sigh from him.

"This wouldn't have happened if you had listened to me," he mumbled, frustration evident in his voice as he struggled to make sense of the situation.

He felt the urge to scream at her, to unleash a torrent of frustration and curses, to make her understand that he was not someone to be trifled with. However, her fragile condition restrained him from such outbursts.

Releasing the handbrake, he started the car, running his hand through his hair a few times.

Accelerating, the Ferrari emitted a powerful growl, his expression hardened, focused both on the road and on her fragile state.

Her forehead bled incessantly, staining her clothes and even the passenger seat. Realizing she had lost a significant amount of blood, he frantically searched the car, desperately trying to find something to cover the cut on her forehead.

Unable to find anything suitable and reluctant to take the hoodie that covered her, he sighed, cursing under his breath.

Finally, he pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"I can't believe what I'm doing," he sighed, a conflicted expression on his face. Realizing there was no other option, he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing the well-defined contours of his chest. As he shrugged out of the shirt, the material brushed against his cold skin.

It slid off his arms, revealing his well-sculpted torso, while his back hid a tattoo that spanned the entirety of it.

As Jisoo averted her gaze, she caught a glimpse of the intricate inkwork, the details partially obscured by her blurred vision.

Taking his shirt in one hand, he placed it on her cut, attempting to clean the wound. Pressing it tightly against the gash to stem the bleeding, she hissed, her eyes squeezing shut involuntarily.

Seungcheol, noticing her discomfort, spoke with a firm yet reassuring tone, "Hold this shirt against the wound and apply as much pressure as you can handle. We need to stop the bleeding."

In a hushed tone, almost afraid of his potential anger, she whispered, "Thank you. I'm sorry."

He looked at her for a few seconds, his expression unreadable, before starting the car again without uttering a word.