Chapter Three: Honour among thieves (Vivian)

Cullen and Vivian move silently as they leap from roof to roof. When they got to the roof of the mansion they started to go round the back. Gonna get to the back, thought Vivian. A light rain had begun making it hard to shimmy around the roof.

When they got to the window that they had planned to enter, they tried to lift up the window and they were stopped by a lock.

"There's a lock, can you pick it Cullen?"

A small smile came to Cullen's face.

"Is there any lock that I can't pick? Give me a second."

Vivian watches the people down on the ground below, all these people, partying while others are starving in the trenches. Vivian clutches her fist as thinks about these rich and upper class monsters, knowing that only if they give a handful of their money a lot of children and family would still be alive.

"I got that lock, let's go." Cullen gets up and starts heading into the dark room.

Cullen broke her concentration as he spoke. Vivian nods and follows Cullen into the room. The room is lit by only a single oil lamp, as Cullen and Vivian stubble around looking for more light, Vivian knocks something off a table.

The object rolls around on the ground before coming to a halt, Cullen looks at Vivian places his finger on his lip telling her to shh. Voices come to the room next to theirs, a man and woman.

" Damn it, V!" Cullen rushes to the door and locks it.

Vivian could hear footsteps just outside the door, sounds like two people, one slightly overweight and the other was wearing shoes that made a sound every time they stepped.

"Whose in there! We heard ya, come out now!"

The voice was a man, he slurred his words heavily. He sat there banging on the door, Vivian looked at Cullen.

"What do we do?" Vivian whispers to Cullen.

Cullen looks down and then lets out a sigh. He signals for Vivian to hide. Vivian peaks through a gap in the cupboard she hid in.

Cullen messed up his hair and took off his jacket and slightly unbuttoned his shirt. Cullen unlocked the door and opened to face the people at the door.

"I'm so sorry, me and my female friend were just having some fun, you know." Cullen told them with the most cheesiest smile.

The man drunkenly smiled back at him, he pulled the woman that was with him and gave her a slap.

"See, I told you, ya stupid woman!"

Cullen gently glares at the man, then he smiles fakely. They continued to talk together, the man began to laugh bibulous.

"I like you boy, come with me!" The man pated Cullen on the back and tried to pull him away.

Cullen tried to step back and stop the man without looking too awkward, but the man was already pulling out the door. Before he was out of sight, he looked out at Vivian from where she was hiding.

Vivian could tell what he was telling her to do, ' don't follow me, do the job!'

Damn it, thought Vivian, Cullen knows what he's doing. Vivian waits for a moment and then continues to look around. Cullen said we're looking for a box with different patterns on it, where is it, wondered Vivian.