Chapter 9 - The Chosen One

Cody woke up in the middle of the night and realized he was not in his room but in a different place.

Cody: "What is this place? Why I'm not in my room?"

Cody finds himself in a mysterious place and spots a giant figure, who he realizes is a Cybertronian.

Aurora: "Greetings, Cody Burns."

Cody: "How did you know my name? Who are you?"

Aurora: "My name is Aurora. I'm the guardian of this crystal."

Cody: "I don't understand, the object is a crystal?"

Aurora: "Yes, follow me while we talk. I know you have questions."

Cody: "OK."

As Cody and Aurora walked while talking, Cody started asking questions.

Cody: "Is that crystal that I touched?"

Aurora: "This crystal is cybertronian. The crystal chooses you."

Cody: "It chose me, why?"

Aurora: "The crystal has chosen you to possess this artifact. The artifact possessed an unknown energy power that nobody was aware of. You must always keep the artifact with you, as Megatron and the Decepticons actively seek it and will stop at nothing to obtain it."

Cody: "Why are they after me and this crystal?"

Aurora: "As no one knows the crystal's energy, keeping it with you is best. Can you promise to do that?"

Cody: "I promise."

Aurora: "Before you go back to your family, keep this artifact with you. Now, I'll return you to your family."

Cody woke up slowly after his conversation with Aurora. He suddenly realized that he had been in his room all night and that the artifact had somehow affected him while he slept. 

After changing his clothes, he headed to the kitchen where he found his family waiting for him. He sat down to eat breakfast with them.

Chief Bruns: "Good morning, Cody."

Cody: "Good morning, everyone."

Dani: "Cody, we need to talk with you."

Cody: "Is there a problem guys?"

Kade: "Nope."

Graham: "We'll let Dad talk with you."

Chief Burns: "Cody, you will be in the command center."

Cody: "Wait, what? I didn't ask to join with you guys on the rescue operation. I don't have some skills like this."

Dani: "I know Cody, but we need you to be part of the team at the command center. we're going to teach you about being in the command center."

Dani grabs Cody's hand with her hand to guide him as everyone talks. 

Meanwhile at the Autobot base known as Autobot Outpost Omega One, Jack, Miko, and Raf were talking about what Cody told them about last night.

Jack: "So, this artifact is a crystal?"

Optimus: "Yes, Jack. This artifact chose Cody."

Jack, Miko, Raf, and the Autobots were surprised when the artifact chose Cody. Before they could say anything, an alarm from their screen interrupted them.

Ratchet: "Optimus, I've detected a Decepticon signal headed to Griffin Rock."

Arcee: "Wait, Griffin Rock?"

Ratchet: "Yes, Is there a problem?"

Miko: "Oh no, that's where Cody and Frankie lived!"

Optimus: "The Decepticons are going after Cody and the artifact. Jack, Miko, Raf we need you to warn Cody and Frankie."

Jack, Miko, and Raf nodded and went to their cybertronian partners, and the Autobots transformed into their vehicle forms.

Ratchet: "Fixit and I will remain here. I'll warn the rescue bots and Nightblast."

Fixit: *Glitches until Ratchet hits him by the back* "Good Luck."

Optimus: "Autobots, transform and roll out!"

As the Autobots transformed, they went to the ground bridge to Griffin Rock. 

Meanwhile, at Griffin Rock, the Burns family went to Doc Greene's lab.

Doc Green: "Welcome Chief, what can I do for you?"

Chief Burns: "Cody will stay with you guys while we have a long emergency."

Doc Greene: "Have you taught him about being in the command center?"

Chief Buns: "Not yet but he is still getting used to it with the help of Kade, Graham, Dani, and me."

Cody checked on his phone and knew there was an emergency.

Chief Burns: " I gotta go, Cody. You be good."

Cody: "Always, Dad."

Chief Burns and the others left for the emergency. Hours later, Doc Greene heard a knock and he decided to open it to reveal special agent Fowler.

Doc Greene: "Hello, can I help you with something?"

Fowler: "Hello, Ezra. It's been a while."

Doc Greene: "William, oh I mean Special Agent Fowler. What brings you here at Griffin Rock?"

Fowler: "I need to talk to Chief Burns, it is urgent."

Doc Greene: "He left for an emergency because a cat caused some cars to crash, again."

Fowler: "Then I need to talk with you, your daughter, and Charlie's son."

Doc Greene: "How did you know that Cody is here?"

Fowler: "Later, I need to talk with you guys about what happened yesterday."

Doc Greene: "The old factory?"

Fowler: "Yes, I'll explain everything."

Doc Greene let Fowler inside to talk to Doc Greene, Frankie, and Cody while they wait for Chief Burns, Kade, Graham, and Dani from the emergency.

Doc Greene: "Frankie, Cody, come."

Frankie: "What is it, Dad?"

Doc Greene: "Someone wants to talk to us."

Cody: "Who?"

Fowler: "Me."

Cody and Frankie were shocked to see Fowler.

Fowler: "Greetings Cody Burns and Francine Greene."

Cody: "How do you know our names? Who are you?"

Fowler: "I'm Special Agent William Fowler. We need to talk, all of you. Including your father and your siblings."

Everyone was waiting for Chief Burns, Kade, Graham, and Dani to arrive at Doc Greene's lab.

Author's note: Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to let you know that I have just released the ninth chapter of my book. I know it's a bit short, but I'm doing my best to make it as long as possible for the upcoming chapters that I'm still writing. And if any of y'all have any questions, let me know in the comments. Thank you for your support and I'll see you all in the next chapter.