~6~

Saylor wasn't allowed to do much in District 13 and she was pretty annoyed. She wanted to help the rebellion but Coin would let her. She tried to prove to Coin that she was mentally stable but Coin was convinced that Saylor was just as insane as Peeta and Johanna. Coin wouldn't even let Saylor see Peeta. Her excuse was "We don't want to make him have a step back." Saylor was starting to really dislike Coin and found her to be a hypocrite.

>>>

"From this day forth, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. I promise to love and Cherish you each day." Annie said while holding Finnick's hands. Saylor was stood towards the front with tears pouring down her face. It wasn't the wedding Saylor knew Annie and Finnick wanted but she was so excited for them.
"I, Finnick Odair, take you, Annie Cresta, as my wife from this day forth. Together or apart, we will always be united. One life, one purpose, one destiny." Finnick said with pure love in his voice.
"You may kiss the bride." The guy who was officiating the wedding said. Finnick and Annie kissed and Saylor was the first one to start clapping. Once Finnick pulled away from Annie he laughed at his sister.

~~~

Saylor was stood off to the side watching as everyone danced around Annie and Finnick when Katniss walked up next to her. "Hey... uh.. I've been meaning to talk to you." Katniss said then held her hand out holding a shiny object. Saylor looked at Katniss and saw her necklace. "Oh... Thank you." Saylor said and took the necklace from Katniss. Saylor stared at the necklace that was in her hand with mixed emotions. Should I put it on? Saylor thought then clutched the necklace in her hand. Maybe later... She went to put the necklace in her pocket but she remembered she was wearing a dress so she just held onto the necklace that felt like it was burning through her hand.

Saylor and Katniss stood there for an awkward until Saylor decided to talk. "You're doing great Katniss," Saylor said randomly. Katniss was taken aback but thanked her. "Thanks... to be honest I think you or Johanna would be a better mocking Jay," Katniss said honestly. "Maybe... Maybe not. What matters is there is a rebellion. Without you, there wouldn't have been one." Saylor says. "But what if it fails? Is this all for nothing?" Katniss says with doubt. Saylor turns to look at Katniss. "Don't. Don't think like that. If you are already sure we have lost then might as well give up. Stay focused, don't get up, and have confidence. Well, not too much confidence... don't want to end up like Johanna over here." Saylor teases as Johanna walks to them, joining the conversation. Johanna sticks her tongue out and Saylor laughs. Saylor turns back to the crowd and sees Finnick waving her over to dance with him. "That's my cue," Saylor says then walks over to Finnick.

Finnick bows with sarcasm so Saylor curtsies in the same joking tone then they both start to dance. Finnick notices that Saylor is tightly holding something and gives her a questioning look. "Are you holding something? Or getting ready to punch someone?" He teases. "It's a necklace," Saylor says shortly hoping her brother would drop the subject but Finnick doesn't. "Oh? The one you gave to Katniss?" He asked and Saylor nodded. "Do you want to tell me what that was about?" Finnick questioned and Saylor sighed. "It was a special necklace... I knew that for sure Katniss would get out and at that point, I had doubts that I would be getting out so I gave it to Katniss just in case." Saylor explained. "Did your boyfriend give you that necklace?" Saylor just nodded for an answer. "Saylor... I know about your boyfriend... And about who he is... Annie told me about what happened when y'all escaped." He admits and Saylor can't look at his face. "I'm sorry..." She whispered while staring at her feet. Finnick sighed then stopped dancing. At that point the wedding wasn't being recorded anymore so Finnick led Saylor to more of a quiet corner so they could talk.

"Why didn't you tell me? Dating President Snow's Grandson is a massive risk. He could have been using you for information or just as a pawn in their games." Finnick said. "At first I didn't know... But Finnick, he isn't like that. He wouldn't use me like that... He loves me and I- I love him." Saylor admitted to Finnick but also to herself. She was still upset with him but she couldn't just turn off her love for him. "Saylor I get that... but you might just have been blinded by his good qualities. How can you be sure he loved you? " Finnick said Saylor finally turned to look him in the face, mad that he would say that but her anger quickly faded seeing the look on his face.

Saylor knew that he was just concerned for her. All her life Finnick has tried to protect her and this would be no different. "Finn... I know you're just worried for me and want to protect me but trust me. He's not as bad of a guy as you think. He's not like his grandfather." Saylor told Finnick but he didn't look convinced. "Look, it's your wedding day. Go have fun. We will talk about this more, at a different time." Saylor said then stood up. She was done with this conversation and wanted Finnick to leave her alone. "Fine," Finnick said then held his hands up in surrender then pulled her into a hug. "I'm your big brother Saylor. I will always protect and be worried for you. But the main thing is... I will always love you." He said then kissed her on the head. "I love you too... now go find your bride," Saylor said then pushed him in the direction of Annie.

As Finnick walked away and started dancing with Annie. Saylor stood there and watched them with mixed emotions. Of course, she was happy for her brother and new sister but she also was sad and a bit jealous. She wanted to have what they had. She didn't know what was going to happen between her and Coriolanus and what was going to happen if the rebellion won. But she knew that she loved Coriolanus and saw good in him.

Saylor put back on the necklace that Coriolanus gave her. You are an idiot. but I love you... Maybe I'm the idiot... as Saylor put on her necklace she felt a tap on her shoulder she turned to look who it was and it was Sejanus. "Hey, wanna dance?" He asked and Saylor nodded. She spent most of the night dancing with Sejanus, Annie, and Finnick, She even convinced Johanna to dance with her. It was a pretty good night considering the circumstances and what was waiting for her the following days.

———————————————————————————
Please read!!!!
Sorry for how long this took to come out. I have had no inspiration for this chapter at all. So I finally forced myself to write and create this chapter lol. I find it easier to completely write my own thing than follow the movie.
So for my own sanity, we will be speeding through mocking Jay part 2. I do have a few big ideas for it but it's not till later. But my main ideas and excitement is for after mocking Jay.

Thank you so much for reading! <3