But a moment later, Armin walked out and spotted Eren sitting in the same waiting area. He scoffed as he put his hand through his hair and let it messily fall over his eyes since it was overgrown. He sat beside Eren quietly before glancing at him. Eren, of course, was still upset that Armin caused the downfall of the group disliking you.

But in this moment, there was a unity that was beyond that. Them sitting together said, We just experienced that. This was the consequences of our actions and we managed to make it out without turning on each other. Even if we were upset with each other. There is loyalty that transcends our anger.

"What was your bail?" Armin opened up a conversation by asking a question that ignored the elephant in the room. Eren knew this but he accepted his question and answered.

"Eight-hundred thou," He answered as he watched the glass doors, waiting for his father to save him.

"Same." Eren didn't look at Armin until he felt his eyes on his side profile. So he glanced and saw that Armin had just looked away.

"Now what?" Armin asks no one in particular. Eren sighed before tying his hair up and shrugging his shoulders.

"We got into this mess so...We're gonna get out of it," He answered with assurance. Armin's eyebrows creased before looking at Eren.

"Your optimism is gonna make me shoot myself." Eren snickered.

"We gotta come up with a plan. We have two weeks. That's enough time to gather what we need. We just need to think hard and play it smart," Eren tells him. Armin leaned back against the wall the bench was at before sighing.

"We're guilty, Eren. Why do you even wanna fight this shit?" He asks. And the first thing he thought about was the cabin on the hill. He turned and looked at Armin.

"I'm just not ready to give up more than twenty years of my life. I'd rather die," He tells Armin honestly. And he huffed in response. This was a classic Eren answer. Armin tended to give up, put the white flag up. Let things control him willingly when it becomes too stressful.

But Eren was the opposite. He was persistent and persevered. He looked in every crack and corner and managed to slither his way out of things. Eren never gave up when he had his mind set on something. And no one can change his mind about it once he's set it. Not even Armin. Maybe you. But that wasn't a thought he was thinking at the moment since he was reconciling with his best friend.

"...That was fucked up for you to do that shit to Y/n, you know that, right?" Eren confronts the elephant in the room, finally. Armin looked down at his flaccid hands that hung, his wrists on his splayed knees, before looking ahead at the doors.

"I know. I was angry. Granted: She still fucked me over a bit. But I shouldn't have done that. I doubt she'd forgive me though so...My bad," He tells Eren. Eren nodded before scoffing.

"You know how Y/n is. I can't predict who she'll forgive. You all fucked her over. First I have to get in contact with her though," Eren tells him. Armin's eyebrows creased.

"You guys haven't talked?" He asks.

"No, we have. But she's been ignoring my calls for a while now. It's weird. Last I checked, she wasn't mad at me..." Eren trails off, focused. Armin knew what this meant.

"You think something's wrong." Eren looked at Armin before shrugging his shoulders.

"Can't help it. Maybe she's mad at me too. I guess I fucked her over the most," He replies to Armin honestly.

The familiar car pulled up to the front before Eren stood up and looked at Armin.

"Do you have a ride?" He asks. Armin shook his head.