four

A/N: Just informing everyone that next Saturday I will NOT be uploading a chapter since I will be on vacation! The Saturday after the upcoming one is when I'll upload chapter 5! K. Enjoy the chapter- Ian :3

✩✩✩✩✩

September

The new school year was already starting before I knew it. I'm a sophomore in college now. And it felt weird to say. But I'm excited to start my classes and get through the year with new friends now.

Mikasa and I were given the keys to our apartment a week before the school year started and we've been unpacking all week, finally finishing a couple of days before classes started.

Now, it was the first day of school. I had an early class unlike Mikasa, who could sleep in. She's lucky. I groaned before getting out of bed and heading to my bathroom to wash up. I came back to my room to choose my outfit, which was very casual. I wore grey sweats with a loose white T-shirt, wearing a grey zip-up jacket over it and some white sneakers. It's also a go-to. It's easy and comfortable. And I wasn't trying to make any impressions.

I look at the time as I ate cereal. My first class was at seven AM. It was already six forty-five. I quickly finished my cereal and grabbed my bag before grabbing my keys and heading out. I walk downstairs and out into the parking lot before unlocking my car and heading to my class.

I parked my car and quickly got out, aware of the time. The drive was less than five minutes but I really wanted to pick my own seat. I speed walk into the building before quickly opening the door to the lecture room of my class. I look around and see only about five people here. I was surprised since that meant people would be late. I look around quickly before picking my seat. All the way in the back left corner of the room. I put my bag down and open it, grabbing my laptop before opening it and getting ready to take notes.

Over the next ten minutes, the seats started to fill up and the sound of quiet moving was all that could be heard throughout the room. I bit the end of my bottom lip subconsciously as I stared off at nothing, waiting for the professor.

"You took my seat." I hear someone speak to me. I blink, snapping out of my zone out, and look to my right, looking up at the tall figure standing next to me. I scoff at the sight of Eren.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to cure illnesses and shit?" I rhetorically ask him quietly. He squints.

"Funny. I still need to take my general ED classes too. And you're sitting in my seat," He replies. I yawned.

"I'm not moving so find somewhere else to sit." I put my foot down. He sighs before looking around and seeing all the full seats.

"Fine." He says before sitting down next to me. I side-eye him, annoyed.

"Seriously? Anywhere else." I complain. He shrugs his shoulders.

"This wasn't a choice. All the seats are taken," He replies.

The professor walks in and greets us.

"Good morning class. This is Freedom and Responsibility and I'm Professor Erwin Smith. You may call me Professor Smith. Not Erwin, Mr.S, or Mr. Smith. Professor alone is fine as well. I'll begin with the syllabus. If there are any questions, please do not bother to ask after I have finished with the syllabus or after class. Laptops for notes are acceptable but for tests, paper notes are the only ones allowed so be mindful of that," He tells us. Eren pulls a notebook from his black Jansport bookbag. He looks further into his bag before realizing he had no pencil or pen. I try my best not to look at him with a smirk at his lack of preparedness. He groans before looking at me.