twenty four

A/N: longer chapter wooo!!! This is part one of Eren's birthday chapter!!OH! and thank you guys for 7k reads on this fic...I'm so shocked it even got this many reads while it was still ongoing im not kidding LMAO so thank you! I have so much in store so please stay tuned! read the A/N at the end of the this chapter! -ian :3

☆☆☆☆☆ 

The next day, after classes, Mikasa and I walked alongside each other before sitting on a nearby bench. She handed me my coffee since she had offered to hold it for me. I took a sip and exhaled a deep breath. She got some hair out of my face before observing me.

"You got some dark circles under your eyes. You need some rest. Or a vacation. Or both..." Mikasa comments. I huff, taking another sip of my coffee before we see Eren and Armin walk along the campus sidewalk. Armin spots Mikasa and I before Eren does, to which he quickly approaches me.

Eren sighed with some relief at the sight of me. He watched me. I stood seated, looking up at him as I casually held my coffee.

"Wh–...I don't even know what to say. Jesus..." Eren tells me. Mikasa chuckled lightly. Armin smiled at us before watching Eren. He uses his leg to nudge mine lightly.

"Let's talk," He suggests in a calm tone, almost persuading me. I chuckled lightly before standing up. I look at Mikasa with a reassuring smile before Eren leads me to the parking lot. I'm assuming he wanted to talk in his car for some privacy.

He unlocks the car and I get in the passenger's side before shutting the door gently. He gets inside and takes a deep breath before turning a bit in his seat to look at me. I glanced at him before taking another sip.

His eyebrows slightly creased as he watched me.

"You look like you haven't been getting any sleep," He tells me. I nod slowly.

"It's been a stressful couple of days."

"That's all?"

"That's all."

"I don't believe you." I sigh at his reply.

"So ask what you want to ask so that we can talk about it," I tell him. He looks ahead at the students walking down the sidewalks on campus, conversing and laughing about anything and everything. He looks back at me.

"...I was worried about you," He admits. I huff.

"Were you? I'm a little flattered, not gonna lie," I joke. He didn't laugh.

"I need to know what Jean did, Y/n. I can't look at him and he's already keeping his distance so I just need some transparency. That's all I need. What do you want me to do?" He asks. I shake my head gently.

"I don't want you to do anything Eren," I reply. He sighs frustratingly.

"I don't mean it in a way in which I'd kill him or something. Not unless you want me to. But I just need someone to tell me what the fuck happened," He tells me. I watched him for a moment before putting my coffee in one of his cup holders.

From the look on his face, he was confused and it was almost scary how little he knew. This was keeping him up at night.

"...I already told you what happened with Jean. Tricked me into a date and then tried to kiss me. And maybe that sounds stupid but something about Jean doing that so close after Colt did what he did at the club just..."

"Triggered you." He finishes my sentence. I purse my lips, fidgeting with my hair tie.

"Yeah. So I spiraled a bit. Started to process the events in my life lately. I'm taking it day by day. Mikasa was there for me the entire way so I didn't feel all alone. It's a weird thing to experience. I don't expect you to understand," I tell him.