VII

"Ow, ow, ow! It hurts!"

"Suck it up," Mi-jin said as the others laid Jun-seong down. "You're supposed to be a senior."

"Why do seniors have to put up with everything?"

"Well," said Sang-hee as she grabbed some more arrows, "good thing I'm not a senior."

"I'm not smoking, and you can't handle that?" Mi-jin queried as she handed Jun-seong her bow.

"You'll die if you don't smoke?"

"Yes, of course. I feel like I'm going to fucking die, so you suck it up too, all right?" Mi-jin turned to Sang-hee. "Is Y/N okay?" she asked, not believing she didn't ask about her friend earlier.

Sang-hee shrugged. "I haven't seen him since this whole thing started. I haven't seen Seo-Hyun, either. They're probably both okay, though — as long as they stick together." Her heart was filled with worry for her crush and her friend. She had had a crush on Seo-Hyun for as long as she could remember, and it hurt when she teased her about her crush on Y/N. If only Seo-Hyun would look at her instead — just once.

"We'll take that trail." Ha-ri pointed as Jun-seong groaned. "The one behind the building. Once we get past the tennis courts, we can go through the construction site and up the mountain."

"Do you think we can make it?" Min-jae queried, glancing at Ha-ri.

"I'm not sure."

Mi-jin sighed in defeat. "Motherfucker."

Ha-ri turned to Min-jae. "Min-jae. If you don't think he'll make it, drop him and shoot, okay?"

Min-jae nodded in understanding. "Okay."

Jun-seong pushed himself up to look at Ha-ri. "Are you talking about me?" He then groaned and lay back down.

"Let's go," Ha-ri said.

Min-jae looked at Sang-hee and Mi-jin. "Up, on three. Ready? One, two, three!"

"Hold on, wait!" Mi-jin let go of the stretcher and ran for the bucket of arrows. "Hold on," she said as she took all of them. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait."

She then placed them on Jun-seong's chest. "Hey. If you drop this, you pick them up, okay?" She glanced back at the others. "Let's go."

"One, two, three!" Sang-hee counted off, and she, Mi-jin, and Min-hae all picked the injured Jun-seong up. "Oh, he's so heavy!"

- - - - - - - - - -

On-jo moved the curtain, peering out of the music room at the zombies who were crowding it as the others kept building the barrier. She turned away from the curtain and glanced at the barrier. "All right. I think this is good enough."

Y/N leaped off of the barrier and stood next to her, examining it. "You think?"

She nodded. "Mmm-hm."

Dae-su peered at them on the other side of the barrier. "Aren't you guys coming? We let a gap over there for you."

Su-hyeok glanced at them all. "Let's go."