I

THE DAY BEFORE

"Well, maybe you should learn how to pass the ball," Lee Cheong-san retorted as he, Han Gyeong-su, Lee Su-hyeok, and L/N Y/N walked out of the school building. Gyeong-su was carrying a trash bin, and the other three boys were carrying nothing.

Gyeong-su rolled his eyes before doubling back and running off, laughing, and Cheong-san groaned, running off, saying, "Hey!"

"Those idiots..." Y/N rolled his eyes, chuckling.

Su-hyeok chuckled and nodded as the two headed toward the other two. Cheong-san was grappling Gyeong-su's back, the bin a few feet away. Y/N and Su-hyeok traded looks before breaking into grins and rushing into action; Y/N wrapped his arms and tried to tug Cheong-san off of Gyeong-su's back, all the while the latter saying, "Okay, okay, I'll stop," and Su-hyeok wrapped his arms around Y/N's waist, tugging him off of Cheong-san's back.

- - - - - - - -

"So the restaurant moved?" Gyeong-su inquired, an arm slung over Cheong-san's shoulders. "How about a grand opening?"

"But we're not doing one."

"What?" Gyeong-su, who had now stopped walking while Cheong-san continued, making the former's arm fall off his shoulders, now looked crestfallen. "What..."

"It's his choice if he wants to have a grand opening, moron," said Y/N, who was now trying to peek over his best friend's shoulder to see who had texted him.

"Exactly, it's my choice. You know what's also my choice? Who gets to see my text conversations." Cheong-san pushed Y/N's forehead away with a finger, but he was grinning.

"Yah, I'm not trying to see your text conversations, I'm just trying to see who texted you," Y/N complained, crossing his arms. "There's a difference, you know."

Cheong-san rolled his eyes, and then let out a groan when he saw who had texted him. "Seriously? I told them to change the name."

"What about the old name?" Gyeong-su had caught up to the two now.

"We're not doing it," Cheong-san said. "The fryer hasn't even come in yet."

"I heard there'll be one..."

"I mean, I would know better than you, don't you think?" Cheong-san inquired as he sent a text to his mother. He groaned. "My mom's the worst."

Suddenly, his phone was swatted from his grasp by On-jo, one of their other friends.

"Hey!" Yoon I-sak greeted.

"Damn, my phone!" Cheong-san made to pick it up, but —

"Here." Y/N bent down to pick it up for him, handing it to him.

"Thanks, Y/N," Cheong-san said gratefully as he took the phone back.

"You can't run away." On-jo took off her backpack and offered it to Y/N. "Hey, gopher. Let's get some chicken."

"But we're not open yet," Cheong-san said, confused, as Y/N took her backpack from her.

"Sure you are! Your mom says she's testing out a new recipe today."