VI

"Did you really mean that?" Cheong-san queried as he looked at Y/N once the two boys had let go of their embrace.

Y/N nodded, smiling at him. "Of course I did," he said. "It was either him or you, Cheong-san," he stated, using the words Cheong-san had said just a few minutes ago. "I would choose you over Gwi-nam any day."

Cheong-san grinned, and the two boys without knowing it leaned closer and closer until their foreheads were pressed against the other's.

'This isn't what friends do,' Y/N thought to himself, almost scolding himself.

But he couldn't bring himself to pull away.

That was until he realized the situation they were in.

Leaning away, his face tainted red, Y/N cleared his throat. "Let's...um...let's get outta here, yeah?"

Cheong-san reluctantly pulled away also. "Oh. Um...yeah. Let's...let's do that."

Before they could do anything though, the shelf that they were on started to fall. Both boys shared a quick look before grabbing each other's hands and immediately doing their best to stay on the shelves, which were now falling in a quick Domino effect, books collapsing on the floor. Just as they landed on the last bookshelf, the said shelf started to fall, making both boys slide down and land on the ground with Y/N on the bottom and Cheong-san on top of him. The latter smirked while the former's face turned red again, pushing him off and grabbing his hand as the two dodged zombies which were flinging themselves left and right at them. A zombie launched itself at Y/N, and Cheong-san grabbed a chair and swung it as hard as he could towards it, making it fall down.

The boys shut the door behind them as the zombies snarled at them from behind the glass.

"Good thing they can't open doors," Y/N panted.

"Yeah." Cheong-san nodded.

The two boys started running down the hallway again when Cheong-san out of nowhere pulled Y/N behind a wall, pinning him to it as he looked around the corner.

Y/N felt his cheeks get hot. Again. 'Is he doing this on purpose or something now?' "What's going on?" he asked.

"Zombies," said Cheong-san in a whisper.

'That doesn't explain why you have to pin me to a wall, but okay...'

Y/N looked to the other side and saw a couple more zombies stumbling their way towards the two boys. He immediately grabbed Cheong-san's arm in a panic and unpinned himself from the wall, jerking his head toward the zombies. Cheong-san looked toward them, looked toward the zombies that were coming from the other direction, then looked at the small vent where there was pipes that led upward. He immediately grabbed Y/N's hand and the two boys ran for it, Cheong-san throwing the small door open and allowing Y/N to go first before he went in after.

The zombies grabbed the pipes and snarled at the two boys, who were climbing up them. Y/N looked down below Cheong-san at the mindless creatures, swallowed, and then took out the phone with one hand, struggling to turn it on.

'C'mon, we did not risk our lives multiple times just for this phone to be dead...'

He quickly managed to turn the phone on, but to his disappointment, it only had 7% battery.

"How much?" Cheong-san asked from below him.

"Not a ton. 7%." He clicked 'emergency services' and then tapped a number before the 'emergency call connecting' screen came up. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon," he muttered, "work..."

But to his disappointment, the call was disconnected.

"Why isn't it working?" he whispered to himself.