Chapter 48 - Our Realities

Start from the beginning

Enjō looked up at the doctor with a blank face, which he returned with a fake smile.

"Well," the doctor clasped his hands together, "now that you've recovered from the operation, we can now move into the real habilitation: training the rest of that arm of yours. Then you'll be ready for your prosthetic! Does that sound good to you?" The doctor glanced at both of them excitedly.

"Yeah." Enjō murmured and walked past him with Omari.
With that, Enjo's rehabilitation began.

"Do you feel any painful sensations in your stump?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, I do."

"On a scale of one through ten? That is to gauge your progress of course."

"Eight."

"I see," The doctor wrote something down on his paper.
"Has it been higher than that? Or is it a growing pain?"

"It's growing."

"Those anesthetics didn't do much did they..." He tapped his pen on his lip, "Let's get started on your treatment then."

A while later, Omari and Enjō returned to Omari's home in the evening.

I hope Auntie doesn't come here, man, Enjō thought as he sat down on his dusty bed. Almost immediately, Omari appeared at his door.

"Not a great idea to sit there, Enjō. All that dust could—" Omari stuck his fingers out like an explosion, "you know. One spark's all it takes." He tapped a vacuum cleaner beside him.
"Why not chill outside while I clean?"

As Enjō closed the door behind him, a buzz came from his pocket. I forgot I kept his phone...

When he pulled out, he saw it was only spam. Just as he put his thumb on the power button, he stared at the Notes app again. He grimaced, I can't...but he might've left something. I'll just...

Enjō opened the app and was greeted by a section called, "For Enjō and Omega". He perked up, and his body shivered. He really did leave something.

He read.

I'll probably forget to clear this thing out at some point, but if this is still here, then I'm most likely dead. Don't worry, I saw it coming. And if only Enjō is reading this, I can guess why. I already assumed my death would complete Omega's soul, because he'd already experienced everything but true sadness and anger. I also assume that he left for a while, and that you, Enjō, are feeling worried. If that's the case, then there's not much to worry about, really. Just find him I guess. P.S, if this isn't true, PLEASE ignore this PLEASE PLEASE. That would be embarrassing.

However things went, I'm sure you're all having a pretty rough time, but it's nothing you can't handle. There are so many things I wish I could've told you, but you'll know them eventually. So many buts, hehright? No? M'kay. Seriously though, Enjō, if you're ever in trouble, look deep inside you and figure out what it is you want to do—then do it. Thats how I've been doing life, and I ended up pretty happy, didn't I?

That was the end of that note.

Enjō sat down at the patio and threw his head back with a sigh. "That's real easy to say." He heard the vacuum cleaner from inside and murmured under his breath, "Theres no food at home. Guess I should get groceries."