He had been pretty shocked when Baron had picked him up, but if Prince was influencing him then it made perfect sense. 

Leaning forward, King settled his arms on his knees and returned his smile. 

"That's alright, I know he loves being tossed onto the bed, so he probably just wanted to simulate that for me," King said, chuckling a little at how the situation had actually played out, though. 

Baron nodded sheepishly as he rustled his hair, the blush King had expected to eventually show up finally coloring his cheeks. 

"Ready to head out? I'm starving," King said as he finally got up and walked over to take Baron's hand without a second thought. 

He was about to pull him right out the door when he realized something and took a quick detour to the couple of coats hanging up nearby. 

After only a moment of consideration, he took down a light brown puffy coat and helped Baron into it, even though the man clearly didn't need the assistance. 

Once that was done, King opened the door, only to have a coat abruptly settled on top of his head!

He quickly wrestled it down into his arms and was about to say that he wouldn't have a problem with the temperature outside, but the look on Baron's face told him to just put it on. 

Okay, okay. 

Sliding his arms into the coat, King adjusted his long-sleeved shirt within it, but froze mid-reach towards the door handle when Baron reached forward and zipped up his coat for him, then even pulled the little turtleneck part together and sealed it with the intended Velcro, leaving only King's wide eyes visible. 

He was about to tell the guy that he didn't need to bundle up this much, but he bit his tongue again as Baron leaned forward and pulled the door open and a rush of chilly air rushed into his apartment! 

Holy crap, it wasn't this cold yesterday!

"There's a cold front moving in," Baron said as he took King's hand and tugged him outside, giving him just enough time to lock the door before leading him down the stairs. 

The guy wasn't kidding! It felt like it was getting close to freezing outside, and in the middle of the day, too! 

Not wanting to be outside any longer than necessary, King quickly unlocked his car and slid in as Baron got in on the passenger's side. It wasn't nearly as nice as his mother's, or as new, but it got him from point A to point B and had been reliable, so that was all that mattered to him. 

Baron only glanced around the inside for a moment before fastening his seatbelt and turning his attention to their surroundings. 

"Want to just go to the mall? There's a grocery store nearby, so we can grab food after we get some gifts?" King said as he got his car pulled out onto the road. 

Baron turned his head to look at him, but King couldn't look at his expression while driving. He was a very cautious driver, though he didn't go super slow or anything, but just needed to focus a little more than most. 

"Presents? I thought we were just getting something small for my daughter?" he asked, confused. 

King was silent for a minute but he couldn't hide his grin as they turned into the massive mall parking lot. 

"It's your birthday, Baron," he finally said as they found a pretty good spot and hopped out. 

Of course, Baron quickly met him at the back of the car and began walking in step with him.