Samar sighed and licked his lips.
"Because... Maids called me that."

Radhika nodded slightly.
"But why can't I call you that?"

"You are not my maid, Radhika!" He exclaimed in exasperation.

Radhika's face had an unreadable expression.
"I came to you mansion as a maid. I was a maid when I left your house. I did not remember, you doing anything to change my status."

Samar was taken aback. He found himself unprepared and speechless for a moment. It was so true. He did not realize that she was working in the mansion as a maid and was staying with them the whole time. She had even worked as a maid in the Jaiswal mansion. She had left behind him in the dark night. He had inadvertently made her do the chores even now. He looked down and gulped hard.

She looked at him and was instantly filled with guilt. She did not want to jeopardize the situation that was blooming within them by her harsh words. She reprimanded herself for being so blunt and hurting his feelings.

Samar looked at her with determination.
"But... I am no more a Prince."

Radhika smiled. Nothing was lost.
"Yes, you are. And I will make sure that you never forget who you are."

Samar parted his lips in surprise. He never thought that the shy and silent girl had that spark to make him speechless.

It was no use arguing with her when she had her homework done.

It came as a surprise when one fine evening, Samar came home and Radhika handed him an envelope. He widened his eyes as he found the familiar calligraphy. He could never mistake those sharp and beautiful strokes. That unique way of writing his name instantly warmed his heart. He knew who sent the envelope.

He tore opened the envelope with a bated breath.

'Dear Twin,

I am so glad that no one else but only me can use this endearment.'

Samar chuckled at the first sentence. Karan could be witty when he wanted to.

'I am now tired of all the attention that I am getting from Mom and Dad.
I am tired of handling everything on my own, Sam.

Do you remember, once we were talking about having kids? You had bragged about holding newborn Mukta before me.
There is another chance for you to brag, Sam.

I need you when I stand in the hospital for my kid to come out. I want you to hold me and say that everything is going to be fine.

I need my elder brother.

Come back Bhaiyya.

Your younger twin,
Roon

Radhika approached her husband who had a steam of tears roll down his face as he read the letter. She was startled when he pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her, trying to suck in the much needed strength.

"Get ready, Radhika. We are going back. Forever." He whispered.

She pulled away and looked at him to find traces of humor, but the misty smile on his face told a different story.

"We are leaving tonight. I will book the flight tickets."

Radhika gasped.

"Tonight? How are we going to pack all this?" She looked around and then back at him.

"Are we really going back? To your mansion? Is everything fine there?" She asked concerned.

He pushed back her hair.
"Not just my mansion. It's our home, Radhika. And everything is fine. Karan asked me to come back. I can't say no to him."

Radhika blinked and looked around.

"Don't worry about all this. We are not taking these things back. We have everything that we need there. Jack take what you think is important to you." He added.

Radhika sadly looked at the furniture. Everything was important. It was brought by her husband's hard earned money. She did not wish to leave a single thing behind. Everything had her husband's touch. They had shared a few moments together with almost everything.

He looked at her and realized that she was emotionally attached to the things. He smiled and stroked her cheek with the back of his fingers.

"I will send someone to get these packed and moved to the mansion. We will make sure they are used somewhere and stay with you."

He knew, he was learning to read her silent words when she smiled satisfied.

----------------------------------

Another chapter up.
Vote and comment
Love