The world we live in

JUNE

I sit in silence, the classroom filled with the nonstop talking of the teacher explaining omega and alpha reproduction systems. something we learn each year in high school unless your parents didn't sign you up, and taught you themselves. 

heats and ruts start early in life, at 16, or a bit later at 17, I'm 16, heat starts 2 weeks after your birthday. for me.. it starts exactly in 5 days. my thoughts are cut short when my wolf, Yua begins to speak loudly..

"Sayyy..June. I say, we go out on your heat and get bred." Yua says suggestively, I of course turn him down. I'd like to save my virginity for my mate only, it's the only thing I want in life, to meet my mate and have him breed me. my wolf begins to get excited, knowing he wants that too. he begins to jump around in my mind, expressing everything he'd do once we found our mate. but his words were cut short as I was pulled out of my thoughts by the loud bell, we had a 30-minute break before class. I walk downstairs into the library, I wouldn't say I like talking or being around anyone. so I doubted having a mate. But Yua insists we have one, because no one has ever had a mate before, or they just met their mate really late in life, the oldest age recorded was a 32-year-old and a 23-year-old. I sit on my bean bag in the corner of the library, the library is the biggest part of the school, that's why it's downstairs and all the classes are upstairs.

I begin to read my book, it's a horror romance, that contains over 800 pages and I'm at page 673, I begin to read, my thoughts lost in the book, until.. I smell something I've never smelled before. it smelled like lavender, a calming scent.. and dark oak. it smelled so good, I looked up from my book to see a boy walking towards me, he had dyed white hair and a glowing smile.. I know who he was too. he was August Meadow, the school's golden retriever. a man who could do nothing wrong, he was always cheery and always had a smile.  

this guy.. was my mate?

hope you enjoyed.