C H A P T E R. 10

Picnic Spot

Syrus and Sarah both went inside where others were waiting for them. Rahul saw them and as usual he teased whistling, "Here is our new couple."

Everyone appreciated them with smiles while elders were so happy that finally these two were getting close. Specially Sanvi and Rohit were pleased that their son was giving a chance to this relation with a sense of responsibility.

Approaching them Syrus asked, "Hey guys!! What happened? You guys seem to be happy." He asked because everyone looked happy more than they should.

Rohit smiled and honestly replied, "We are happy because of you, dear son." Rohit had always been proud of Syrus but this time he felt more of it being a father.

Syrus to ignore more of an emotional conversation, "Ohhh!! Don't wanna know why you guys are happy but It's good to see all your smiling faces."

"Ohhh, please leave all that. Syrus, you are making me emotional," Sarah pouted. Syrus cringed at her remarks that he murmured, "I almost forgot that you're an emotional fool."

Sarah rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever!!" She didn't care what he said on her face. Shrugged of the remark like it was nobody's business.

Syrus too in a don't care manner told, "Yeah! Whatever!!" He literally didn't as always." Kiara popped in and said, "Bro, be sweet, okay! You don't have to be rude always. Be a normal man!" She giggled at the seeing Syrus glaring at her, she then went then to her mom.

Rahul came in defence, "Hey!! Kiara, shut up. My brother-in-law is super cool, but this creature always messed up things." He pointed towards Sarah.

Syrus looked at Rahul surprisingly and said in firmly but casually, "Hey, dude. I think, you should stop calling my would-be wife this way. It doesn't suit at all for Syrus Hooda's wife." He only thought of his reputation at least.

Sarah looked at Syrus with her lovely hazel doe eyes with so much love that Syrus looked alert seeing her lovey-dovey eyes and hurriedly pointed at her, "Don't stare at me now." Sarah laughed at his uneasiness.

Lucas seeing these finally started running his mouth, "So sweet, bro. First time, I am seeing you like this. Are you blushing.?!! Let me check." As he tried to approach, Syrus glared at him.

But in between Granny interrupt them, "Children, are you done now?" Kuhu replied giggling, "I think, we are." Rahul agreed, "I also think the same. Isn't it, sis? He smirked looking at Sarah.

Sarah in return gave him a deadly glare saying, "Rahul! Dude, stop this nonsense."

Sanvi called them, "Come and let's sit here." "First, we should have some breakfast because we still haven't had anything," Sohana suggested.

Grandma agreed, "Yeah. Dear children, come & have something." All sat together to have breakfast. Suddenly Sachin asked Syrus, "Syrus, what's the plan after marriage?"

Hearing the question Sarah looked at Syrus who was sitting opposite to her because all ladies were sitting on one side and men on the other side. She wanted to know what he actually thought.

"Nothing special, uncle. I have pended works of USA Business board and some very important projects in hand to start," he genuinely replied.

Rohit then said, "Ohhh, so you have to leave within these 7 days must." He was sad that his had to leave early.

Syrus looked at his father and he could understand his sadness, but he couldn't be weak for all these emotions which left him long ago. Emotions didn't exist for him. Emotions always remained meaningless to him. These emotions always broke down the inner part of a person which he never experienced but witnessed in a way.

Even he never wanted to experience all of this. Emotions didn't matter for him but sometimes life might play very important and a sudden game that would always try to change us, but this is Syrus Hooda who never valued emotions.

For him these bloody emotions always could make things difficult, nothing else. He hated these emotions but also believed that without emotions he couldn't be a human. He was a human made with flesh & blood. He also had emotions, but he controlled those. Never let them came out.

That's why maybe he never fell in love with anyone but this Sarah, again he was thinking of her. He shook his head from thinking this way. He looked straight to Rohit and said, "Dad, yes. I have to go. There is my everything. My life, my career and my sweet home which I made by my choice." He smiled at the end thinking of his cocoon of heaven.

Sarah looked at him in confusion and stated in hesitation, "That means we are less important to you."

Hearing her, Syrus looked at her and shook his head as he laughed softly. Sarah for the first time watched him laughing. She was awestruck to see him laughing. It felt to her, like her every sorrow vanished in the thin air at the sound of his laugh.

Looking at Syrus, everyone felt happiness at that moment while Syrus said, "You know, Sarah. You are truly impossible."

Still Sarah looked lost at his words to which Syrus simply explained, "Okay, let me tell you. My everything is there, and I am also from there so it's simple that here, it's not my life, Sarah. I am not used to it. I like my country, even though my root is from here but it's not my birthplace. I love my New York like, you love your city."

Sarah understood that day she was basically marrying an American man. Not a mixed version of India & America, as here America, itself stood out 96%, whereas he got only 4% that stood for India. He didn't even live up to those 4% as he never learned to do so but to her, he was perfect. She just knew it. No doubt.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Syrus who was talking as if this meant business, "Uncle, Can I get her passport? I need it our flight." Syrus looked at Sachin.

Sachin without any delay told Sarah, "Sarah, please give him your passport after going home." Sarah nodded in confirmation, "Okay, Syrus. I will get it to you."

Syrus then inquired, "As I know, you have your visa, right?" Sarah nodded in positive.
________________

After a lot of chitchat and joking around, Rahul and Lucas decided to play something. They decided, they would make small chits and men would choose one for them. In those chits’ different kind of things will be written, like acting, dancing, singing, etc. They would do it for their partners.

The men agreed to it. Rahul made the chits. Everyone chooses one by one. Rahul then told that he would ask them to show their chits to him. Rahul first asked Lucas to show, "Lucas, show your one."

Lucas showed it to Rahul and he read it out loud for others to hear, "He have to dance with Kuhu." Rahul excitedly told.

Lucas smiled naughtily and got ready. The couple danced on the song "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. Everyone watched the couple dancing so gracefully as if the song was telling their own story.

After Lucas and Kuhu did their part and every of them appreciated. It was the turn of Rohit as Rahul said. Rohit handed over his chit to Rahul who read, "Ahhhaaaan!! Uncle, you have to propose aunty. Wow!! It's gonna be awesome." Rahul cheered.

Syrus rose his eyebrow and smirked at his father. Rohit looked at him, so Sanvi. "Go ahead, dad. Let's see how much you love my mom," he challenged with a wink.

Rohit glared at him, later smiled saying, "Okay! If my son has a doubt on me on this love chapter, in which he doesn't even believe then I need to prove him…What do you say guys?"

Syrus ignoring his father's challenged self added, "Yes, dad. I wanna see. Let's do that. Come on." He encouraged to which Rohit fully agreed with a 'yes'.

Sanvi got shy hearing the father-son. Rohit also noticed it. Others focused their attention on the elder couple while Sohana excitedly told, "Be ready, Sanvi. After a long time, this moment finally came again where Rohit will propose you."

Sachin being a man encouraged and showed thumbs-up to Rohit, "My friend, do it once again. Show our power of love."
Sarah too joined, "Yeah, dad. Come on."

Rohit finally went to Sanvi and bent down on his left knee and took her hand to his to propose his wife romantically. All watched them lovingly. Rohit finally said, "I love you my children's lovely mother." Sanvi felt shy but managed to reply, "I love you too my two children's father." She then laughed out.

Syrus looked at them in surprise, "What was that?" Sarah said, "Propose!"

Syrus in a dramatic way, "Is it even how people propose?!!" He looked at his father, but Sarah replied, "Yes. If it's not, then how?"

Syrus in disappointment ignoring Sarah, "I mean, dad, it's such a dry one. Here people propose like that?! Awe, dad, I thought it will be something amazing. You just spoiled my mood. You are my dad, dad." He shook his head with sigh.

"My dear son, it's not America. Here, you only will see this type proposes. Have some shame man. It's India. When you will be in love then I will see how you will propose that person," Rohit provoked in mischief while Sarah looked at her father-in-law in shock.

Syrus looked at Sarah and got confused for a while but replied with a bang, "Dad, I don't need to do that again, I think. Because I can't fall in love with anyone. As for your kind information, I already proposed Sarah for marriage, you remembered for sure. So, I don't need any other girl in my life. She is beyond enough," he winked at his father, "and hey, what do you mean I need to have some shame? When someone is mine then why I should have shame to show my love for them. You love mom, right?" Syrus simply stated what he felt.

"It's not allowed in India, okay. It's odd here. You got that," Rohit laughed. "Dad relax. I was just pulling your legs. It's been a long time; I didn't get do this. So today, I got the chance and grabbed it on time. See you got trapped on my plan. And Dad, I know my limits well. So, chill!" He smirked at the end.

Rohit with satisfaction told, "Syrus, glad to see you again like this." All laughed at the father-son moment and also admired their bond.

Lucas this time butted in, "Okay, let's move on now. It's Syrus's turn now. Are you ready brother?" He wickedly smiled at Syrus to which Syrus confidently replied, "Yeah!"

Lucas opened the chit of Syrus and read out loud, "Singing!! Bro, you have to sing a song for sister-in-law. Yahoo!!!" Lucas got overjoyed while others eagerly waited.

Sarah looked at Syrus who looked dazed because he never sang for anyone specifically. He was one of the top-level singers of New York then but for business which was his love from the start he left the signing career after college. But now he only would sing for his peace of mind.

Sarah stared at him in doubt that thinking he would sing for her or not. For a while he didn't give any response, so she thought when he didn't even love her then why he would sing for her. She felt sad that Syrus didn't love her and it was an another reminder.

But she knew how to cover the situation because all were looking at Syrus for his answer with so many hopes. Syrus looked at Sarah's dejected face which she was trying her best to hide.

Syrus thought to himself that, 'You promised that you would never make her sad then why you are making her so doleful. She would be your life partner. She loved you though she knew that you didn't love her. She respected your feelings, but you could at least try to keep her happy. She deserves the best. No matter what, she is going to be your life's important part who will stay with you forever. So, don't make her cry.'

Sarah who was going to say 'no' on behalf of Syrus but was stopped by Syrus who finally agreed, "Okay. I will sing for my would-be wife." Everyone smiled looking at Sarah

Sarah who was dumbstruck at first hearing his words but seeing him smile her heart felt the sheer joy of getting the happiness from her life partner. Though she knew, he was just trying to keep her happy. He didn't love her.

She again thought, 'Love doesn't work always in a relationship. Trust is what that matters the most. The mutual bonding. She trusts him while Syrus believes on her sincerity which will lead their relation along with her love. She also knew that Syrus is an open-minded guy. So naturally, there is no problem in their relation.'

Kiara was happy knowing Syrus would sing, "Wow! Yes, bro will sing." Lucas too nodded, "Yeah. After a long time, we will be able to hear him singing. Thanks to Sarah sis."

"Wait, Syrus bro. I will be coming in a while," Kiara ran away from there and after a while she came back running with the guitar of Syrus.

Seeing Kiara coming with his guitar Syrus questioned, "From where did you get it?" He asked in a serious tone. "Sorry, bro. I took it from your room. I thought I would make you sing today but I didn't have to cause you already agreed for it," Kiara explained.

Syrus looked at everyone who were looking in anticipation that he wouldn't get angry. Syrus finally decided to let go the matter and said, "It's ok, my doll." He also gave his sister an assuring smile.

Kiara gave the guitar to Syrus who took it and set the guitar in his arms. He looked at the sky and closed his eyes and made a sound by his guitar. He felt the nerve of the strings of guitar and opened his eyes.

Syrus then said, "I know, I don't know much of Hindi to speak but I understand it. Even in singing, I am not used to Hindi. I prefer English mostly. So, is it okay for you?" He looked at Sarah for an answer.

Sarah smiled, "I myself prefer Hindi but for you, I will be happy if you sing what you like personally." Syrus nodded back to her, "Okay!"

Syrus started his guitar as the strings started to make tunes, it started to come alive. Everyone looked at him. He started singing. He sang the song 'In My Blood' by Shawn Mendes.

He sang the song as if he was describing his life in puzzle. Singing was his life's one of the best parts which he left for the most important part of he held now. His business life where he is the king. While he was singing anyone could see the sparkle in his eyes which said how much he was strong though the song was expressing the pain in his voice. Those were not his weakness, it felt something beyond that.

Hearing his voice after a long long time, his family felt emotional. His voice was so strong that could made others feel those emotions through this song. When he finished everyone clapped. Sarah smiled with teary eyes. She stood up and went to him.

Giving him a tight hug, she whispered, "Thanks for coming into my life and for the song." She smiled. Syrus too reciprocated with her, hugging her back.

Sarah once again expressed her love saying without any hesitation, "I love you." Syrus acknowledged with a nod, "I know."

Others smiled seeing their bond where was only one-sided love that existed, on other side only respect. But still they were happy cause Syrus would make it up somehow.

Syrus made her face him and said seeing her in tears, "I just sang a song for you so that you don't get sad but here you're crying hearing me singing. It's s not good at all."

Sarah to make the situation light said back, "You know my eyes are known as ocean. I think, you got me." She laughed herself.

Syrus shook his head in frustration not understanding the mood swings of her and bit out, "Impossible girl I have to marry."

Sarah made a horrifying face and meekly told, "Sorry but you have to marry me."
Seeing her face, Syrus rolled his eyes. Ignoring the topic, he looked at his, "I am starving, mom. Give me food." Lucas too joined, "Me too."

Seeing both everyone said in sync, "We too." This made everyone laugh in their togetherness.

Sohana, Sanvi & Sarah served them food. They had their lunch & spent sometime together. They then decided to leave because the next day the Sangeet (Musical) Ceremony of Syrus and Sarah to be held on.
__________________