Chapter 24: My World Went Black

Start from the beginning

"Kiaan, do you want to sit with your brother in the passenger seat?" I asked him.

Kiaan shook his head quickly. "No Bhabz, I'm going to sit with Aanya in the back and annoy her."

"But—" I argued, but he already got in the car and closed the door.

I sighed and made my way towards the passenger seat, beside Vijay. I opened the door and climbed into the car while managing my purse, phone and saree.

After sitting comfortably, I closed the door and adjusted my belongings.

"Aanya, you're such a brat!" Kiaan argued.

"I wasn't the one who cheated in Uno," Aanya spat back.

I rolled my eyes at their antics and secured my seat belt.

"Ready everyone?" Vijay asked while adjusting the rear view mirror.

"Yuppp," Kiaan replied.

"Yes Bhai," Aanya added.

Then Vijay turned to me.

"And you Dr. Shraddha?" Vijay whispered ever so quietly.

I looked at him in surprise. "Y-Yeah."

I turned forward again and squeezed my eyes shut.

Of course I stuttered again.

"Well then, Jay Shri Krishna and let's hit the road," Vijay declared.

We all chanted Krishna Bhagvan's name and then Vijay started driving behind the black car that was there for security.

The drive continued in bickering because both Aanya and Kiaan were arguing about some random topic.

I looked outside the window to find some comfort in the beautiful orange sky and the green trees flowing with the wind. My life has taken so many twists and turns in the last few months, I don't even know what tomorrow holds for me.

"Bhabhi, can you please play some music, so that Aanya stops talking," Kiaan said.

"Yeah—uh, just a second," I replied while pulling out my phone.

"Arijit Singh?" The voice beside me asked.

I shook my head, avoiding looking at him. "I'll just give them my phone and they'll do whatever they want."

I passed my phone to Kiaan and Aanya and then resumed looking outside the window.

I seriously hoped that they don't put on some melancholy sad song or else I might just lose it right here and right now. I prayed to God that they don't put Arijit Singh on. Please, please, please.

Patiently, I waited and waited. And then finally, a song played on the speakers.

Anddddddd, it's Arijit Singh. Of freaking course.

Plus, it's O Bedardeya, a sad song. Of course it's a sad song.

"It's Arijit Singh nevertheless," he said again.

I turned to my side and saw him smirking while looking at the road.

I frowned and then turned towards the window again, this dude was so annoying.

"Shut up," I mumbled under my breath.

"I heard that," Vijay whispered.

I turned to him and gave him a done look. "Good."

What the heck am I doing? I'm supposed to be distancing myself from myself, but I'm becoming the bait to his teasing. Just shut up Shraddha, shut up.

"Pass me the water please Dr. Shraddha," Vijay said.