Chapter 7: The 7 Pheras

Shraddha's POV:

Wow, what a way to ruin a mood. I was there talking with my friends, or actually listening to my friends talking about God knows what because I was busy in my own thoughts.

Did he just really set his priorities straight in front of me? Yes, I think he did. I literally had read that on Wattpad, but had I known I would experience it in real life? Nope, of course not. Especially not from my fiance.

"Earth to Shraddha," someone called me and I looked up to find Kavya grinning from ear to ear.

"Ooooo, what happened huh Radha?" she asked with her eyebrows raised. "Are you thinking about Jijaji?"

Oh my God this girl was going to be the end of me.

"Nope, I wasn't," I answered her.

"Anyways Radha, what colour of lipstick should I wear for your wedding?" Nidhi asked. "My lehenga is aqua, so Hold My Hand or Island Pink?'

Seriously?! What the heck was Hold My Hand? A lipstick shade? And Island Pink? A pink island? There was a thing? I mentally face-palmed myself before sighing. It would be better if I gave her an answer or else she would pester me the whole time about her whatsoever lipstick shade.

"I like Hold My Hand Nidhs," I replied.

She squealed and side hugged me, "I liked that shade too!"

Then the 2 of my other friends started blabbering about makeup products and which ones they were going to wear for my wedding while I was busy thinking about Mr. Vijay Awasthi's priorities.

His family is number 1, work is number 2, and then it's everything else. I fall into that everything else category meaning that I am obviously not his family. Great. What a great start. Lovely. But that doesn't mean I'll treat his family like strangers. He is the problem, not his family. As the new bahu, I have the responsibility to treat his family with love and care and, so I will do that. However, like he said before, he doesn't think he can be my husband. Literally, that's what he said. Or maybe what he meant. We can just stay as friends, roommates or even acquaintances if that's what he wants. If he doesn't want to be responsible for me, who cares? I am an independent lady who can take care of herself. This time I huffed physically.

The conversation around me stopped as the 3 of my friends turned to gawk at me.

"Are you okay Shraddha?" Shivi asked. "Do you need my inhaler?"

"N-" I started.

"I'll get it for you," she interrupted. "It's just in my purse." Then she started searching for her purse. "But the thing is that I have no clue where the heck my purse is. Maybe in the car? On the table? I should probably go look. The inhaler is i-"

"No Shivi, I do not need an inhaler," I firmly stated.

"Then why did you huff?" Kavya questioned.

"Nothing, just-just enjoy the engagement," I stated and plastered a fake smile.

I couldn't let my friends know about this or else their blabber mouths wouldn't stay shut and the next thing you know, the whole world knows about Mr. Awasthi's 3 straight priorities. But that was okay, if Vijay wanted that, he would have it.

The wedding day was finally here. Not that I was waiting for it or anything, but it was here. The wedding rituals before the day, like the mehndi, the sangeet, the haldi all went by a blaze and now here I'm sitting, in front of my mirror; all dolled up for my high class marriage.