14| 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

Comenzar desde el principio

"It is the dude! What's his name?" He squealed through the phone.

"Goodbye Peter!" Vera ended the call before he could say anything else.

She whipped the door open and gave the man before her a wide smile. He returned the gesture and she immediately knew who was stood before her.

"Marc!" Vera launched herself at the man and wrapped her arms and legs around him.

He let out a small laugh that was like music to her ears as he held her close. He pressed a delicate kiss to her cheek as he walked the two of them back into her apartment, shutting the door behind her.

"I missed you." She whispered into his ear, her lips grazing his skin and causing a shiver to run down his back.

"Did you now?" He asked in his sultry voice.

"I did, indeed." She pulled back to look him in the eyes, still secured around his waist.

"Steven's getting a bit jealous." He commented with a grin.

"Steven knows I missed him just as much." Vera smirked.

She reached up and gently tucked some of his loose curls back, basking in the softness of them. Marc leaned into her touch and closed his eyes for a moment, not wanting the feeling to cease.

It was amazing to the mercenary how attached he was to her already. It had been a few weeks at this point since Marc had met Vera -  yet he felt like he knew her for a life time. He wanted to see her everyday and every night. He wanted to fall asleep and wake up next to her, despite his annoying blackouts.

"What are you doing here, this evening?" Her angelic voice brought him back to reality.

"You said we owed you." His voice was barely above a whisper as he peppered her skin with kisses.

"That I did." She giggled as she ran her pointer finger along his jawline.

She pecked his lips one more time, teasingly tugging on his bottom one with her teeth before jumping from his grasp and scurrying away - leaving him completely flustered. His cheeks reddened as he watched her quickly retreating figure, clenching his fists slightly.

"Oi, mate. She's teasing you." Steven's voice echoed in his head.

"Shut up." He huffed at his alter before chasing after her.

He bounced into the room and dove at Vera, carefully tackling her onto the bed. She let out a shriek of laughter as the two tumbled onto the sheets. Her back was on the bed, Marc leaning over her, a grin on his lips.

"Hey, you." She whispered as her big brown eyes looked up at Marc.

Marc leaned down and pressed his lips to Vera's, cupping the side of her face as she deepened the kiss. She ran her hand along his shirt, her touch leaving warmth in its wake. She tugged at the fabric slightly, causing the man to let out a small groan. She giggled at the noise, enjoying the response she got from him.

She gripped the shirt and quickly slipped it over his head, leaving his curls even more wild than before. His big hands grasped at her hips and pulled her even closer. He reached up and gently tugged at her shirt. Without hesitation, she let him slip it over her head. Marc took a moment to admire her because connecting their lips again. Vera pushed her body into his and he happily accepted her. Just as he was about to tug at her underwear, a loud roar of thunder rolled through the room.

Marc's body immediately tensed as he jumped back. His big brown pools were wide and he looked terrified - something Vera had never seen before. She gave him a worried look as she reached out to him.

"Marc? Are you okay?" Her voice was gentle, filled with concern.

His breathing grew heavy as he listened to another roll of thunder, the patter of raindrops quickly following. The air in his throat caught and he grabbed at his hair, closing his eyes.

"Marc, Marc. Hey." She got to her feet and slowly stepped towards the man, not caring about her lack of clothing.

She hesitantly reached out, touching his arm. He jerked away at the touch, causing a pang of rejection to jolt through her body. He looked at her then to the window, that was now darkened with the storm.

He trembled as he watched the water pelt the window pane, unwanted flashbacks flooding his memory. He let out a distraught groan. Vera nervously grabbed her shirt and slipped it on, licking her lips before speaking again.

"Marc, baby. I'm gonna touch your arm." She reached out again and laid her fingertips against his bicep.

He tensed again but didn't flinch away. Vera waited a moment before she laid the rest of her hand on his arm. He eventually relaxed, leaning into her touch. He let out another shaky breath before burying his head into her neck. As she held him she felt his body language shift. And she knew what had happened.

"Steven. What's going on?" She asked, concern laced in her words.

"He's not overly fond of storms. . neither of us are." He said against her neck, his breath tickling her skin.

Vera gently pushed him away just enough to look him in the eyes, a reflection of understanding showing in her irises. She wrapped her hands around his trembling ones and led him back over to the bed. He watched as she pulled the covers back and slid in, tapping the spot next to her for him.

He wasted no time and hopped into the sheets, clinging to her tightly. She covered their bodies up and held Steven close, almost as if she were protecting him from the storm.

"I'm sorry - we're sorry. It's just -" She cut him off.

"You don't need to explain. I'm right here, no matter what." She assured him, pressing a tender kiss to his temple.

He nodded and buried his face in the crook of her neck again, resting his hand on her chest. He focused on the sound and rhythm of Vera's heartbeat, holding her close. He wanted to drown out the world - except for her.

"Thank you."

"Anything for my boys."

☽ ♞ ☾