Pool And Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Wipe that silly pity look off your face," Addy laughed, stalking off to the game room. "Let's see if they are really there."

We walked past the bar, and to the double doors that led to the game room. As soon as we got there, she swung the door open without reserve.

"Oh shit, they are here," she said.

My body zinged with excitement, and it told me what I needed to know. Zayn was also in here.

"Heya, you guys are finally back!" I heard Lowell call out.

"Don't say it like we took that long," Addy said, walking into the room. I was about to walk in after her when an arm embraced me.

"Ah, Zayn," I instinctively threw my arms around him even though I was a bit surprised.

He buried his nose into my hair and inhaled deeply before releasing me. He then placed his nose on my neck and sniffed, then my chest, before he took my palm and pressed it against his nose.

"What are you doing?" I laughed at his silliness.

"Checking if any man touched you." He replied with my palm still pressed up against his face.

I couldn't help but feel amused. "How would you even be able to tell if a man touched me by smell? Are you a hound?"

A spark ran through his eyes and I felt him smile against my palm. "Oh baby, you have no idea."

"Whatever, I wouldn't have found the time to converse with anyone between your constant calls and Addy's and Donna's shopping spree."

"That was the point of my calls," he smirked and leaned in closer. "Now can we talk about your little revenge outfit?"

"What about it?" I batted my lashes innocently.

He was about to speak when Nikol yelled out, "Hey love birds, put a hold on it! Zayn, it's your turn. The game is in a real sweet position right now."

I raised an amused brow at Zayn. "What are you guys playing?"

"Pool," he answered, taking my palm and leading me into the game room.

Lowell and Enora were on one side of the table, each of them with a cue. His arms were wrapped around her waist as he whispered something in her ears that made her giggle. Next to them was that man Louis, and...the cook? She was standing awfully close to Louis, both of them holding the same cue stick. It looked like Louis was giving her directions on her next move.

My eyes found Addy like a magnet where she was on the other side of the table. She was frozen in place, her eyes glued on both of them, her fist balled.

Zayn's tug on my arm pulled my attention from Addy back to him. He walked me next to Nikol, who was standing at the same side of the table as Addy. He grabbed his cue stick from where it was lying on the table, before placing his lips next to my ear.

"I'm not done with this conversation," he rubbed the bare skin of my waist before returning his attention to the table.

Now I'm not going to lie, a current ran through me at the heated look in his eyes, and I swore goosebumps sprouted where his warm hands had just left my waist.

I bit my lips as I watched Zayn's biceps contract through his black shirt at the pull of the stick, and flex as the cue stick forward, knocking several cue balls.

"Yes!" Nikol cheered, pumping his fist into the air.

Zayn straightened up with a smile, his hand leaving the cue stick to rest on the table. He turned and gave me a wink and I swallowed.