Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

"This son of a whore will talk. He will even sing of his mother's milk that he drank as a babe. I assure you, Misteress." Sly smirked as he cracked his knuckles.

They walked to the man. Daemion held a glass of wine for himself and patiently drank the wine calmly as if he were in no rush. "Good wine." Daemion spoke as he drank the last drop of the wine... but then Daemion crushed the glass by crushing it in the palm of his hand with ease.

Sly walked to the back of the Spy's chair and grabbed the Spy's jaw and forced it open. "Think about what you have to lose, little boy." Sly spoke in the spy's ear as he smirked.

Daemion put the broken pieces of the glass in the spy's mouth. "May I have the honour, old friend?" Daemion asked Sly as he looked at the spy with a smirk.

"By all means, Prince Daemion." Sly spoke as he closed the spy's jaw and mouth as the glass was placed in his mouth and chuckled as he felt the spy begin shaking to break free from his grasp, and looked at Daemion with terror.

Daemion punched the spy in the mouth, and another punch followed, and another.

Sly finally let go of the spy's chin. The spy began spitting the shards of glass out of his mouth, and blood followed.

"We are only getting started, little boy. We have plenty of glasses here, don't we Sly?" Daemion spoke with a cruel smirk on his face.

"That we do, old friend." Sly chuckled and mockingly tapped the spy's shoulder. "Perhaps we should start with his teeth!"

"Unless this whore son decides to open his mouth, then perhaps he can keep some of his tongue when he crawls back to his mother and the Emperor BuGai." Daemion spoke suddenly coldly as he looked at the spy.

"Shall I cut the tip of his tongue?" Sly asked. "Or should I crack open his teeth?"

"By all means. Cut or take whichever part of him you desire, old friend." Daemion smirked and walked behind the Spy, taking Sly's place and holding his jaw open, while Sly walked in front of the Spy.

Sly took his knife out and reached for the Spy's tongue to pull it out so he could cut the tip-off.

"Start talking or I'm cutting the whole of it!" Sly yelled as he pressed the knife to a corner of the Spy's teeth close to his tongue, leaving the Spy guessing whether he was cutting his tongue or teeth.

"I've not been sent by his worshipness the Emperor." The Spy muttered angrily as his lips were bloodied with his own blood. "I've been sent by his mother... Empress Feng."

Amethyst's amused but cold face fell from her face at the mention of her stepmother. I've not heard a single word of her since the day I escaped Golden City with Daemion... Amethyst thought to herself.

Daemion stayed silent. Sly calmly brought the knife back from the Spy's face... and suddenly shoved the knife through the back of the hand of the spy. "Why did the old whore send you? What for?!" Sly asked harshly.

The spy bit his lips bloody as he fought back his scream of pain. Daemion was not happy, nor was Sly. Sly began moving the knife slowly as the knife was inside the spy's hand, cutting his hand from within.

"Why... did... Empress Feng... sent you?" Daemion spoke colder and even slower as he kneeled to reach the height of the spy's ear from behind, but the spy refused to speak.

"I don't know." The Spy spoke quickly and coldly and he spat at Sly's face, who was in front of him.

"Speak before we geld you!" Sly yelled at the assassin and grabbed his chin harshly, and raised the pommel of his dagger and hit the assassin's face so hard the sound of his nose breaking was heard.