prologue

The morning sun crept through the blinds in cabin five, leading to loud sighs and faces being slammed into their pillow hoping for another five minutes of sleep. Elowyn's bunk being assigned underneath the window was quite unlucky for the girl. As she now had the soft red covers over her face with the attempt to fall back asleep. Elowyn was not tired; in fact, she was unmotivated to repeat the consist schedule of attending Camp-Half blood. The brunette would wake up, fetch breakfast with her best friend Scarlett, attend high school in New York, then spend the rest of her night training in hopes of becoming skilled in combat. Though she would never admit this to a soul, Elowyn was mentally drained.

      The gleaming sun met Elowyn's pale skin as the covers were brought down from her face. Her brown eyes took in the sun, speckled colors of green welcomed the bright day ahead. Eager kids with empty belly's scrambled out of the cabin, not even exchanging good mornings to each other, they obviously were excited to start the day. Their faces consisted of smiles and eyes with pride. They were Ares kids after all.

Elowyn remembered life when she first arrived at Camp-Half Blood. Times were different. She was once those kids. She felt freedom like no other. Where she felt more like an adult than a little kid in people's eyes. Elowyn finally has a chance to accomplish her dreams and not her parents, that they never were able to accomplish. But as the years went on everything flipped. She felt stuck now. She missed out on the things she once wanted to do like learning how to drive, going to proms , and just the regular teenage experience. She watched too many romance movies that she was able to tell Camp-Half Blood was now something she wished could be left behind in the past.

    After slowly getting dressed in denim jeans and an orange camp-half blood shirt, she was out the cabin door. Scarlett, an aphrodite girl and also her best friend, joined her as that went to get breakfast. Between the two, the walk became a silent one. With Elowyn not being a morning person and Scarlett respecting the fact she was. The silence never seemed awkward for the two, instead it resembled peace before the camp would be filled with chaos for the rest of the day.

"Any updates on your lover boy", Elowyn asked, breaking the silence. Scarletts eyes lit up with joy at the question. The boy being a child of Apollo wrote poems for Scarlett which she thoroughly enjoyed since it was her love language. There was something about writing notes in secret that the Aphrodite daughter loved. "Actually yes", she responded with a chessy smile " He wants to teach me the way of archery with him, so he asked me on a little date".

Elowyns heart stung like she was the target where Scarlett would aim at. Of course she was happy for her best friend. There was nothing else she would want to see than her best friend being happy, but Scarlett seemed to be living the life Elowyn wish she had. Elowyn pushed her feelings away and smiled. "I'm so happy for you Scar", Her arms wrapped around the brunnete, " but what are you going to do when he finds out you're an excellent archer".

      Scarlett Wright had the aim of Cupid. Maybe even better than Cupid. When she arrived at Camp, she knew the cabin 10 girls and boys were underestimated, since their beauty and charm seemed to shadow their dedication and skill. So she decided to take the route of archery to not only steal hearts, but to defend her heart also.

"shhh not so loud" Scarlett whispered, with a finger to her mouth, indicating her friend to be quiet. " Did you really think I would let a boy show me up, especially at my own game", a soft chuckle escaped her lips " it was a nice gesture and quite romantic. Would have been rude if I told him".

"hmmm" Elowyn murmured. "I think pretending you know nothing about archery and then showing him up, might be worse than just telling him. That's my opinion though, you do what you want. I would just think about it", She responded, while reaching the back of the line for food. Her belly basically growled once it smelled the food.